Hi all!
We are using JIRA Cloud and mostly in the New View, but occasionally I need to see the transition history for an issue and then I switch to Old View to Transitions tab as that displays clear overview of how the task has transitioned through the workflow and how many times it has been ping-ponged between statuses.
Today I discovered that the Transitions view seems to indicate dates in a confusing manner.
Here is the History tab for a task – note that I "unassigned" it from myself Jan 17th, 4:20 PM but did not change the Status (it was already in Open state). Then next day a teammate took the task for himself and moved it to In Progress – note the time Jan 18, 8:57 AM.

But confusingly, the Transitions tab indicates that transition Open -> In Progress took place Jan 17th, 4:20 PM.
Similarly incorrect time is displayed for other transitions too.

It seems to me that the timestamp in the Transitions view seems to be actually the time of the last change before current transition. Confusingly this is not even the start-time for the source-state, as the second transition in the screenshot – "Review -> In Progress" is timestamped Feb 21, 8:41, which, according to History tab, is actually timestamp that the task was transitioned "In Progress -> Review" for the first time.
Naturally I would understand "X executed transition - <timestamp>" to mean that transition occurred at that timestamp?
Could someone please explain me the usage of this Transitions tab with such confusing timestamp?