We use cloud Jira and want to prevent comments being added to closed issues.
To do this I have I have tried two approaches, but have experience the same issue with both.
I have added a property to the Closed status and that prevents users from adding comments once the issue is in that status. The two properties I have tried are:
- jira.permission.comment.denied (set property value to '')
- jira.permission.comment.user (set property value to false)
Both of these achieve the result of preventing comments once closed.
However, we display a screen on the transition to Closed, which shows a comment box. I have found that comments entered here no longer get added to the issue.
It seems that the status is changed first, then the system tries to add the comment from the screen but can't because the status is now Closed.
Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way around it?