Hi,
I've clearly done something wrong somewhere but don't know where... I Created a new resolved JIRA state (show showing in green) and updated our workflow to we can move jirato that new state.
All good in the sprint... but when I closed our sprint, all the jira in that new state didn't get released and were carried forward onto the new sprint ???
Writly or not I though jira moved to a resolved state are considered 'done' and so would not carry to the next sprint and will show as part of the release.
Basically I added an intermediate state when a jira is completed but not release I called 'Done. Waiting to be merged'. So they are sitting in their branch but not merged to the master in our live system yet. This is so we can test each of the independently to start with. And these are part of an Epic which will take 2 or 3 sprints to complete.
I created that state as I didn't want these tasks to 'pollute' the new sprint as they were done and no activity will be done on these so they would count for the burndown and for the velocity as done for that sprint which would be correct. While also keep track of all these jira so as the time comes to merge we know where to find them all.
Before I switch to the new sprints we had 4 jira in that new state. When I closed the sprint they got moved to the new sprint, to my surprised. I thought they'd considered as resolved and so removed from the sprint to be released.
Any idea what I've done wrong?