I was ask to adapt an issue to record an historical data of a value: Example Date - Score 11/02 10pts I'm not sure what the best practice would be. The idea is later on to be able to use the data in gadgets. So it cant be just a multiline text. I thougth of a particular type of subtask or a diferent issuetype? Any advice? Regards.
Hello Marcela,
I think the best way to record historical data in a displayable way for a gadget would be by adding sub-tasks to an issue.
You could even add a field to categorize the data by date, type or any other parameters. The steps would be:
- Create a task and name it as you want. E.G: Historical data
- Add one sub-task for each historical value, adding the relevant value as the summary of the sub-tasks
- Create a filter to return the sub-tasks related to the Historical data Task:
Parent = XYZ-123
- Use the Filter Results gadgets to display the sub-tasks issues
Let me know if this option makes sense to you.
Hello. So far Its the only option I got. I wasn't sure do, that it was a good practice...
I'll go foward with it. Thanks
You are welcome, Marcela.
Let us know if you face any questions regarding it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.