Clicking Columns doesn't refine the search enough to get to "Status". Can I include the selected columns in the JQL search?
In list view search, Columns has two templates: My Defaults and System. The later is only accessible if you are an admin. As a user you can define what columns you want to see displayed for any search you do. you cannot specify columns in the JQL search itself. I don’t know what you mean by “search enough to get to status”.
Because people have created so many fields with status in the name I can't get to "status".
Interesting. I found a thread that might be a consideration for you. It deals with removing a field from the search function. However, that might not be desirable and it may not work. My thought is that you could remove unnecessary “...status”. In that post the suggestion is “You could remove the searcher from the field (go to custom fields, find your field and use "edit" - that allows the name and searcher to be changed)”.
it might be worth reaching out to Atlassian Support to get their take on this. There may be a known issue on this already.
Thank you. I will take a look at the thread you linked.
Joyce
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.