Exclude a custom field from search index

Serhii Riabovil January 23, 2018

Hello,

is there any way to exclude a custom field from search index (to prohibit a search by this field)?

I'm evaluating a plugin that implements field security schemes and allows to flexibly restrict access to some fields. Value of a restricted field is correctly shown for users who has access to it (including issue navigator and email notifications) and is hidden from others. But when a users without access to a restricted field search by it with JQL (i.e. "Salary = 1000"), they can 'guess' the value.

Thank you,

Serhii

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

You could remove the searcher from the field (go to custom fields, find your field and use "edit" - that allows the name and searcher to be changed)

This will completely remove it from search and sort, globally, not for some users.

If you're using the add-on I think you are, then yes, it's a known weakness that fields are still exposed to search, even if a user has zero access to the field.

Serhii Riabovil January 24, 2018

Thank you Nic, that's exactly what I need

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events