Hi I was wondering if someone could let me know if I can restrict a user from being able to see project backlog? If so, how?
You could apply an issue security scheme to the backlog issues to restrict access.
Can I clarify your question? Do you want to allow users access to a project but hide issues when they are assigned to a specific status in the workflow or kanban lane (in your case, backlog?)?
To my knowledge there isn't a way to do this but someone more experienced may be able to help.
Thanks for the quick reply. Basically I only want each user to see the Kanban board for a project. I don't want them to have access to click on the backlog and see everything there.
Great thank you. How would I do that?
Look at the documentation. I rarely use them except to restrict reporters to only see their issues. You'd need to apply the scheme when you move them to the backlog.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html
Thank you! So does that mean there's no way to set a "default" scheme for a project so that each user can only view the issues assigned to them? Each issue would have to manually be added to this scheme when created?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.