Hi
I have setup an instance of Jira and Confluence where Jira records point to Confluence pages (using a URL custom field because in the new Jira UI, you can't link an issue to a Confluence page - OMG!)
I'm wanting to make a duplicate of this instance in another.
I've done a backup of Jira, the Confluence space and done a Jira import as well as a restore of the space.
Now the first thing is that the URL's of course still point to the original instance. So I've fixed this by going into the activeobjects.xml and entities.xml files and done a search and replace to point at the new instance.
So I redid the Jira import.
It looked like it worked, but when I click on some of the URLs in the Jira records, it can't find the Confluence page in the new instance. What's going on?
https://xxyyzz.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KIT/pages/294928/How+do+our+vendors+perform+on+dry+land
I manage to find the actual page, but when I look at the URL, it's different:
https://xxyyzz.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KIT/pages/61112376/How+do+our+vendors+perform+on+dry+land
From this it looks like when it does the restore, it assigns those pages new numbers....
Ok, is there anything I can do about this?
And, if the issue link functionality was actually there, I wonder whether it would have worked?
Thanks
David