Hello all,
I am trying to install Jira Cloud Slack App in my workspace.
Following the guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/jira-cloud-for-slack-950819031.html), after I Authorize the application I got an error (upstream request timeout), but the application gets installed anyway.
The resource which results in timeout is:
https://atlassian-slack-integration.services.atlassian.com/api/slack/oauth?code=212461267617.556152381170.f84b6bcv4d3a3de47d3f8f92a8a1f0d9bb6xxf15d88aa6b922c8bd2e791f5f53&state=d219d62e-xxxx-42f8-xxxx-05a7ae558a6c
I can access the configuration and the bot user is created, but I don't get any direct message or in Slackbot with the next steps.
If I DM Jira bot I get
*/jira help* failed with the error "401_client_error"
Also if i invite the user to a channel. Same response to any request: connect, help, etc
Looking for possible answers I found this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Slack-Integration-Jira-Cloud-instance-was-disabled-by/qaq-p/651743, but I have enabled the App.
What could be happening?
Thank you very much,
Hey Beatriz, welcome to the Community!
I realize you encountered this error a few weeks ago but am wondering if you've tried again since then. The Slack connector is still getting a lot of love from our development team and the issue you saw may have cleared itself up. If you're still encountering problems, we can definitely dive in and get the right things connected again!
Cheers,Daniel | Atlassian Support
Hello,
We are currently facing the same problem trying to connect Slack with Jira.We've tried to reconnect the Jira app several times, but that did not help.*/jira connect* failed with the error "401_client_error" Is there a solution to this problem?Thanks
Same error for us for last 1 month, ditto problem.
We have seen several reports of `upstream request timeout` from customers that have large enterprise grid Slack workspaces. We've been working with Slack to get to the bottom of these errors but as of yet haven't found a single solution for everyone. Best thing to do if you get an `upstream request timeout` is to contact support so we can dig in deeper.
One thing you can try meanwhile is:
The wait step can be important as sometimes the Slack platform processes the install first and then sends the uninstall which leaves the application in a strange state which also can cause 401_client_error issues.
Please let us know if you continue to have issues.
I'm currently facing a slightly similar issue. I managed to connect Slack with Jira Cloud. But I just can't connect to a project (I'm Jira Admin)!
When I click on the connect button in slack, nothing happens.
Anyone knows how to fix that?
Having same issue. Did you discover anything?
Hello, yes!
The permission scheme associated with the project did not grant access to the "atlassian-addons-project-access" Project role (I'm not an experienced Jira admin, so rookie mistake I guess!). I gave this project role all the permissions and it worked fine
we have permissions in the project set with "atlassian-addons-project-access" for everything, but we are still seeing the error failed with the error "401_client_error"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.