After the update last week of Confluence Cloud all dates on pages are displaying in orange if today, and red if before today. Tried deleting and reentering but still changes the date colour automatically.
Is this config or a bug?
Thanks
Hi Sharon,
I am not on the Confluence team, but have reached out to them informally.
I'll let you know if/when I hear back from them.
I have some news on this. It looks like dates inside tasks will change colour based on the current date. Dates outside tasks will not change colour.
The rationale behind this is that a date inside a task is an action item for someone to complete by a certain date. It doesn't look like this is new behaviour and it doesn't look configurable.
Can you place your dates outside of a task?
I hope that helps!
Hi Martyn,
I am from the same team Sharon is on, and unfortunately this doesn't work.
Any date using the //date format will show red after the date, or amber if close to the due date.
The problem is that we used to have it red/amber within a task, which works great - a nice easy way to check how due it is.
The problem is that any date outside of a task also seems to run by these same rules now, instead of just staying black and it is really messing with how our Confluence looks.
Regards,
Hi Jared,
that is surprising!
Would you mind adding some screenshots of what you're seeing?
Hello everyone!
This is a known bug at this time, and I have reported it here:
Please vote on the bug if you are experiencing it, and watch for any updates going forward.
Thank you for your attention!
Shannon
I agree with everyone points so far, its a poorly thought out change and an obvious one that should have been user acceptance tested surely.
Having to explain to our customers that the red date isn't a bad thing and just a config of Atlassian isn't great.
Lee,
Have you seen my top reply on this thread? The intention of the feature is to only turn red when attached to a task. I've reported it as a bug for turning red outside of a task.
Please make sure to vote on the bug so we can understand how many users are being affected by this:
Thank you!
Done
Thank you for doing that, Lee!
Take care,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.