Can anyone advise on the best/preferred way to configure JIRA so that workflow is maintained and time spent is tracked please?
I'll explain further...
If I setup JIRA workflow to cater for Build, Code Reviews, Testing, etc... then it would mean that a single user story would be story pointed, flow followed, however, steps in the process, such as code review & testing can't be individually tracked (in terms of time spent).
I suppose that sub-tasks could be added to a single story to cater for code reviews & testing, but I don't believe that task tracking is particularly great at sub-task level (please correct me on this if I'm wrong).
I suppose I could break-out Build, Code Review, Testing, etc... as separate stories/tasks (linked to an epic), which could be estimated & time tracked better - although I would need different workflow for each task/story, which doesn't feel right.
How does everyone else handle this kind of setup in JIRA?
Another related question - If I have a 'Post Live Checks' task/story then I'm assuming that I'd have to create a new item type with a different workflow to ensure that it doesn't go through build & code review steps?