Is it possible to set the passwords for all of my JIRA Service Desk accounts? I can do it individually, but I have 100 users and I want to set them all to the same password.
Why do you want to do that? You might be able to reset all of their passwords instead; would that be better?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html
2. Set the password directly in the databaseThis is a last resort only - try the above recommended approach first.You can also update the password hash stored for a user in your database. Run the following command to set the user called XXXX's password to the word sphere.1update cwd_user set credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='XXXX';Restart JIRA.
This is a last resort only - try the above recommended approach first.
You can also update the password hash stored for a user in your database. Run the following command to set the user called XXXX's password to the word sphere.
update cwd_user set credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='XXXX';
Dont know how the hash is generated, so with this you could set password of each user only to 'sphere'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.