Hi,
my new nextgen project doesn't send notifications to its users. I can't find an option to add the default notification scheme.
Is there anyone who can help me please?
Thanks!
Ariane
Hi, Ariane
To give you some context first, the next-gen board type, which is also a Software project type, designed to be simpler than the classic Scrum and Kanban templates, with a single board, a basic workflow and no schemes or configurations that makes admins lost precious time. It's ready to be used.
With that being said, although the next-gen is an easier board to deal with, a lot of features from classic boards are not available there for now, you can see that here: Next-gen roadmap for Jira Software Cloud.
The feature to manage notifications in Next-gen projects is one of them.
However, we have a feature request open to provide the ability to manage notifications in Next-gen projects
I recommend you to vote in this feature request and drop a comment to let the product management know about your use case. By doing this, it will ensure you'll proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.
Let me know if this helps you for now!
Gabi
Hi Gabi,
thanks for your quick reply. I followed the link to the open feature request you provided. It says there "...All users involved in the issues (e.g Watcher, Assignee and Reporter) are receiving email notifications for all updates..."
If that would work, it would be helpful - but my problem is that the users don't receive updates. Only if they set their user profile to "notify me about my own issue".
Browsing through the comments I learned that I'm not alone - another user also doesn't recieve notifications. So he and I obviously use similar settings :-)
Any idea on how I can activate notifications?
"The feature to manage notifications in Next-gen projects is one of them [on the Next-gen roadmap]."
No, it is not.
Seriously was next gen some sort of High School project? Jeez.
Why push the next gen issues so hard without feature parity?
I just wasted a week and now I have to migrate back to old projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.