Hi Team,
How to restrict users to create their own Jira cloud instance using company email address?
Hi Pasam,
I don't know that you can prevent that from happening, but you can become aware of it by Approving your Domain. From admin.atlassian.com go to Products > User access settings > Add domain.
Then if someone creates an instance with an email from that domain, it will show up in your admin.atlassian.com tool under the Security > Discovered Products.
I am having the same problem with my staff. Most of them are unaware they have created the accounts.
Can't Atlassian create a setting that only administrators can create account?or accounts are approved by administrators before they are createdor have a black list of email addresses?Just some sort of control.
Hi,
I am interested by this option too.
Thanks in advance.
I found one way to combat this is, once the person/staff has created an account and you have been notified to just use the Revoke site access option to them. Then you don't have to keep deleting their account and you shouldn't get charged for their account as it has been revoked and they have no access.
Just a work around for now
There should absolutely be a way, especially when Atlassian considers users in these scenarios to be billable for Atlassian Access.
VOTE: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-7697
Does our Jira / Confluence instances or Atlassian documentation somehow "encourage" users to do this? Any ideas?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.