Hello Jira Community,
We're trying to establish a reliable process for understanding what changes are included in our monthly Jira Cloud batch releases. Since Atlassian deploys Jira updates on the second Tuesday of each month, I'm looking for guidance on the best way to identify which features are being introduced in a given release cycle.
Currently, I've been reviewing both:
Is one of these considered the authoritative source of truth for Jira Cloud releases, or is there another recommended source? Should I simply compile the previous four weeks of release notes leading up to each monthly release?
I also have a question regarding optional/configurable (Beta/Labs) features. We've been advised that features labeled "Coming Soon" in release notes often indicate functionality that will initially be available as an optional feature that admins can enable for testing.
However, when I review recent release notes, I see numerous items tagged as "Coming Soon," but when I navigate to Jira Administration → Beta Features, the list is empty.
Can someone clarify:
- How to determine which new features will be enabled automatically versus those that require administrator action?
- Whether there is a reliable way to identify upcoming Beta/Labs features before they become generally available?
- How the "Coming Soon" label relates to the Beta Features area in Jira administration?
Ultimately, we're trying to improve our ability to communicate upcoming Jira changes to our users and understand which features we can proactively test before broad rollout.
Thanks in advance for any guidance!