Structure:
- We’re using Sprints with startDate and endDate.
- We have Tasks allocated in Sprints.
- Tasks have an
ancestor link, to an issueType called Goalpost to indicate where the Task is scheduled to be worked on. Goalposts have startDate and dueDate values. - Interesting thing to mention is that when doing this in an Automation, instead of
ancestor link, I had to call the opposite, descendant of link.
Formula:
- We’re trying to access the dueDate value of the Task’s Goalpost, to tell us if it falls inside the Sprint’s endDate or if it’s past. We will use Markdown Format to color code the Task in the Formula’s column.
My Formula:
var Goalpost_dueDate = linkedIssues().filterBy(issueLinkType("descendant of")).filterBy(issueType("Goalpost")).dueDate;
var Sprint_endDate = issue.fields.sprint.endDate;
if Sprint_endDate > Goalpost_dueDate :
"panel[Late Work]{backgroundColor = orange}"
Questions:
- how do I access the current task's sprint endDate value? ✅
- the Formula Editor tells me that I haven't defined my variables. How do I do that?
Any answers are much appreciated!