Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-commit iterative reviews on Crucible (SVN) with patches that can each be compared to baseline?

Brody Higgerson July 31, 2017

When creating a code review via Crucible/Fisheye, I upload a patch file of local changes, generated using SVN's right-click context menu in windows (right click -> Create Patch), and successfully anchor it.

After this, some reviewers make comments and I agree to implement their changes, and so I do. I then create another patch file from my new set of local changes and upload it to the review, making sure to anchor it as well.

Now, when sliding the 'iterations' bar at the top of the review, there is no longer a way to compare changes relative to the checked-in 'baseline'. If the bar stretches from the original revision/baseline on the left to the first patch like so;

fisheye_first_patch.JPG

there are no changes shown in the diff view(s), almost as if the first patch uploaded has taken on the role of a new 'baseline'. The 2nd patch is always viewed in relation to the first patch, even if I stretch the iterations bar to start at the original, like so;

fisheye_all_patches.JPG

This looks identical to if I only compare the first patch and the second (without baseline) like so;

fisheye_last_patch.JPG

Why am I losing the ability to compare to baseline as soon as I upload the second patch? The diff is fine against baseline if I only upload the one patch file.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2018

Hello @Brody Higgerson,

I've just came across this question and realized that nobody has answered to you yet.

Given that you've asked this question back in July 31, 2017, I'd like to check if this is still an issue or if you have been able to find a solution for this problem.

Regards,

Felipe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events