Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects and Boards

david.thompson August 19, 2021

I am new to Jira and starting at a new job where it is their PM tool.

When looking at tasks in a sprint I see they are associated with projects however, when I look at projects I do not see the associated projects even when using search. Also when clicking on the project I do see I am taken to Scrum boards some of which align to the name of the projects but, others do not. Any idea what might be going on here?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

@david.thompson Welcome to the Community!

david.thompson August 25, 2021

Thanks @Erica Moss 

Like Erica Moss likes this
0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

Hi @david.thompson

Sprint boards are built on jira filters.in your scenario it looks like the boards are picking issues/stories/tasks from various projects. 

When you go to a project's issues, you only see tickets that are associated to the same project. However, when you go to board in the same project, the board's filter can be configured to pick tickets from another project.

I would recommend you go to youtube to learn how scrum boards are set and this will become more clear.

Cheers

david.thompson August 25, 2021

Thanks @Fabian Lim 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events