Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions

Eric Huang
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

Hello my name is Eric and I am new to the Atlassian Community. I would like to know how I could edit/delete post on the Atlassian Community?

4 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Wiktor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2022

Hello @Eric Huang - Ricksoft_ Inc_ 
You cannot delete your own post but you can edit it  by clicking "..." on the right side of your post and then click "Edit answer"

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

@Andy Gladstone and @Marcin Wiktor  have already covered explanations and editing, but there's a couple of others when you look to delete.

Leaders can move issues to the "removed" topic (which is hidden from non-leaders, although I'm not sure it's hidden from the author, and gets cleaned out regularly).  There's no easy way to ask leaders for that, but try a comment.  If that doesn't get picked up, "hit report to moderators" on it.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

@Eric Huang - Ricksoft_ Inc_ user in the community have the ability to edit or delete their own posts and comments, but not the posts or comments created by other users. You can access the edit menu through the meatball icon (...) next to your post. 

I am also moving this question to the appropriate space for you so it can be easily found by others looking for the same answers.

Eric Huang
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

@Andy Gladstone  Hi Andy, Thank you for moving my question to the appropriate space. I was wondering how I can delete my own post since I made a duplicate post. When I press on the (...) icon on the top right of my post, I only see the edit button and report to moderators button. I also do not have the ability to move/edit articles to different spaces as well. 

Thank you for the response! 

0 votes
Gabriela Costa {Appfire} July 28, 2022

I believe that's only editing is possible

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events