Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Devs Unleashed - Who wants to build a game?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

In case you missed the announcement, Atlassian has a new hackathon running right now: Devs Unleashed which will run until Jan. 15th.  You can also checkout the official Devpost listing here: https://devsunleashed.devpost.com/

One of the coolest parts of this Hackathon is the object is to make a game using the Forge framework that makes use of Atlassian data in some manner (from Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.).

When I shared this with a work colleague, he offered to pay me $500 to allow him to close Jira tickets with a "Doom-style" shooter.  While I'm not likely to try that, I have been thinking about things that would be entertaining.

For instance a "snake-style" games that eats Jira Issue ids or a "Space Invaders-style" games where you are shooting IDs. 

My question for you this week, are you interested in participating in Devs Unleashed? Do you have an ideas that you think would be fun and entertaining?

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments.

Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon Thank you for the update and this post!

Though I am not a developer and not much interested in Hackathons, but I love the ideas you have for making games that are entertaining.

I would also like to use this post as the opportunity to wish you and all of the "Welcome Wednesday" contributors a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! 

Have a great holiday season, everyone!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events