cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Atlassian Products are #BetterTogether

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

One of the most powerful capabilities of the Atlassian products is the tight feature rich integrations between the various products in the Atlassian portfolio.

I was first introduced to Jira, when one of my previous companies decided to move from free tools to paid tools.  They purchased a Jira & BitBucket server, and it was shortly after that my admin journey began.

A couple of years later, the task came to me to research and choose a build and deployment tool to replace the free solution we had relied on.  Seeing how well linking Jira issues to branches, commits and pull requests, and the flexibility to trigger actions in Jira from things happening in Bitbucket was a major influence in my decision that we should add a Bamboo server into our Atlassian stack.

The way all three products easily allow people to see information at a glance without having to switch from what they are working in was fantastic!

Now, at my current company, I'm seeing the benefits of using Confluence in conjunction with Jira Service Management for a knowledgebase!

How about all of you?  Do you have any stories about how using multiple Atlassian products helps to optimize your processes?  I'd love to hear all about them in the comments below!

Have a great rest of the week!

11 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

I love how well Jira Software and Confluence work together. Recently, my team also started using the new Jira Product Discovery (still in Beta) and it's really helped get our ideas managed somewhere while also easily tracking the work tickets in the same view. As a very small company, I'm sure we're just barely seeing the tip of the iceberg on the amazingness of this product in particular. Confluence is how we document our user stories and requirements for work and I love how when I add the work ticket to the project documentation, it's automatically linked in the work ticket! With Atlassian products, it's so nice to know that they will work together without much, if any, additional setup.

Schitt's Creek gif. Catherine O'Hara as Moira looks around, earnestly, and says, “When one of us shines, All of us shines.” with “one” and “all” emphasized.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

I have a pair of socks that the right sock is Confluence and the left sock is Jira and the spell out the phrase Better Together. Not since Reese's put peanut butter and chocolate together has there been a pair so well matched for each other. Jira for Product Development and design with project pages publishing directly into Confluence has been as tasty as a Peanut Butter Cup!

Like # people like this
Airyn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

As a newbie, this inspires me excited to engage in the community and learn more about Atlassian products! Thank you for sharing!

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2023

I love how Jira and Confluence work together and how you can easily switch back and forth between them. I love how Jira will automatically know if a confluence article is tagged with a Jira story and relate it to that story and vice versa. We recently purchased Jira Align to help with our SAFe Implementation and I'm super excited to start working with it. I've heard and seen from demos that it will help with the organization of initiatives and epics and I can't wait to see it! 

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska [Appfire]
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2023

I'm so in love with Jira and Bitbucket integrations. It's so easy for us to reference PRs and open the relevant issues from bitbucket (if you add Jira key to the branch name).

But it also works the other way around and from the Stories and other Jira tickets I can see if they we're already deployed to production or other test environment and when.

It saves so much time navigating around!

Like # people like this
M.Edkin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2023

For me it is joining to ticketing systems into one. I prefer using Jira with the Zendesk App. You can combine them through free Apps on both sides. This means that all the tickets have the same updates on both sides. 

Like # people like this
Josh Rynne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2023

"Better Together" is music to my ears. As a PM responsible for integrations at FullStory, I love seeing how applications can come together to create a valuable workflow for users! We recently started using JPD and Jira and we're already seeing increased visibility and alignment across our product teams.

Like # people like this
Tommy Augustine February 13, 2023

Hi Everyone! I invite anyone in the community to network with me on LinkedIn. I hope to see you at an ACE event!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/teaugustine/

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
Tommy Augustine February 13, 2023

Hello,

I've seen BitBucket, Confluence, and Jira Software work well together to help my company collaborate asynchronously through the pandemic. 

Like # people like this
Mike Monk February 14, 2023

There are some great links between the products, but there could be better ones that could really improve things without having to buy add ons all the time

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
Mike Monk February 14, 2023

Such as transferring info from Confluence Templates to Jira Tickets

Shannon February 14, 2023

Colour me excited 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events