Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Would you rather - Team '24 Edition!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Team '24 Europe is happening right now! If you are there in person I hope you are having a wonderful time! Unfortunately, I am unable to attend this one, I only get approval for one event each year. Which is the perfect segue into my question this week.

I will admit this one is a little more spicy than normal, but I feel it’s important for Atlassian to know how their customers feel about events like Team ‘24. The question this week is:
If you had been given the options up front to either attend Team '24 in Vegas or Team '24 in Barcelona, which one would you choose and why?

For myself, I’ve been at the Atlassian events in Vegas since 2019 (minus the two cancelled years of covid). I would 100% have chosen Barcelona for two reasons:

1. After having been at the Venetian resort in Vegas for the past three years, it’s gotten a little stale and a change of scenery would be nice (which is why I’m glad it’s moving to Anaheim for 2025).
  2. I live in Canada (somewhat near Toronto), when I was looking at flights to Barcelona (just out of curiosity), it would have been cheaper for me to fly to Barcelona than it was to fly to Vegas.

Alright I’ve said my piece, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Also, If your answer is neither, I’d love to know why as well.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

12 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2024

It would be great to know the location and dates of both upfront, for sure. I think if I already had my passport anyway, I'd choose the change of scenery. It's always nice to explore new places! Especially on the company's dime. 😆 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon I choose #2 as well, and for many of the same reasons.

• I'm sick of Vegas already.
  • I've never been to Barcelona. 
  • My wife is much more likely to accompany me to Barcelona than Vegas
  • There are so many EMEA Community Members that can't make the trip to Vegas that will be in Spain that I have never had the chance to meet in person. No offense to my NAM and LATAM friends!
  • You'd be there!

Looking forward to catching up on some of the Digital Content in between meetings and work. 

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon I would prefer Barcelona (or Europe in general, especially if it ever comes to London) but my girlfriend's sister lives in Vegas and I haven't seen her for a few years so that's a reason to go to Vegas

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2024

I've never been to Team and will probably never be going, but I would also prefer Barcelona. 

I have been to Vegas about 10 times in my life, but I've never been to Spain. My brother went to Barcelona this summer and came back with wonderful reports of places I'd like to see. 

Like # people like this
Sravan Indukur October 9, 2024

Hi @Amanda Barber ,

The even is Virtual too. Just open the below site. and watch it live.

https://events.atlassian.com/teameurope-digital/home?i=006KJD7e_ZkjQwic4PvHvuss4Vk4e36r 

Like # people like this
Teodora V _Fun Inc_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2024

Hello from the Expo Hall @Jimmy Seddon 

To be fully honest, Las Vegas is one of the worst places I've ever been to (said from a person who is addicted to fresh air and calm environments, so you will feel the struggle)

And I would fly to Barcelona at any time because it's:

- 3 hours from my home by plane

- no dramatic change in time zones

- I can fly here and jump straight to the expo hall without spending days curing jetlag or lack of sleep.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2024

I also would have preferred Barcelona - never been to Spain either - and I speak Spanish!!. And I also think it would be better to move around to different cities every year. 

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2024

Moving around to different cities would definitely be good; it would give a chance to see new places but also mean that the onus of travelling long distances would shift to different people over time

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2024

I would've gone to either! I love Europe so Barcelona would've been wonderful, but I don't live that far from Las Vegas and the travel would be shorter (animal care is an issue). I'd just be happy to go. 😊

Like # people like this
Urmo October 9, 2024

I like that is right now happening in Spain Europe because its more easy to fly there from any country in Europe.

Like # people like this
Robert Indries
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2024

Just arrived back from our trip to Barcelona! The food wasn't that good (my vegan friends had almost zero options most times), but the event itself was great!

This one was the first I've gone to. And if I am to go to another, I'd 100% choose to always go to a difference city each year.

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2024

I've never been to Vegas so I would like to go there someday but probably only once. Barcelona this year was great 🎉 and I hope there will be one Team event in Europe every year, as it's way too expensive to get to Vegas/US from Europe.

I'm also in favor of 'rotating locations' - whether we're talking about North America, Europe, or some other region. 🌍

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events