Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Renewing your certifications has never been easier!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Back on June 10th I had the pleasure of being one of the first outside Atlassian to announce the new process for renewing certifications. At that time, it wasn’t quite ready for people to start using it. It’s been live for a couple of weeks now for you to start taking advantage of it.

My question for you this week, have you started using it yet? And, if you have what was the first item you submitted? (was it continuous learning from a university course? attending a community event?)

If you have no idea what I’m talking about more details about this can be found in this article, including a number of answers to the question you might have.

Personally, I haven’t started using it yet, but I also don’t have anything that suspends/expires until next year. However, I think the first thing I’m going to submit is proof of attendance at one of the amazing Live Learning Community events.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

15 comments

Comment

Richard Scholtes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2024

I still struggle with the definitions in Atlassian University. Maybe I already used it, but I don't see any points in the certification portal or I didn't because it's not clearly stated what qualifies as a "course".

One of my certificates expires next year, so no rush, but still I am somewhat dissatisfied with the information quality I got around this change.

Additionally I ask myself: Why does a manufacturer of an automation platform need me to tell him what I register to with my Account ID separately and manually?! How is this information not synced between the accounts?

Like Tuncay Senturk likes this
Ponnappan Ganapathiya August 7, 2024

OK.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2024

I submitted proof of virtual attendance from events since March this year, and it all went smoothly so far. I took screenshots of my email confirmations, as for some reason, I didn't see any past events in my account (which is weird, but I've had trouble with the events account before) I haven't tried to do any courses yet, so I'm not sure how that will work. Will cross that bridge when I get there!

Same as you @Jimmy Seddon , I don't need to renew for a little while anyway. Nice to see how it's working though so far

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2024

Thanks for the reminder to get started with this. I submitted my first 2 pieces of evidence. I'm also working through prep for the new Confluence ACA now!

Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2024

Hi @Richard Scholtes 

Hoping I can help! A course on Atlassian University is part of a learning path. So for example, if you access the Get Started with Jira Software learning path, you will see a list of courses. For example, Basic Terms In Jira Software is a course. 

As for the account ID, there are multiple third-party websites provided by different vendors involved in this process - learning content, events, and certification management. While integration of all the systems is the ideal, that will require some time, and the intent was to offer a new renewal strategy in the nearer term. 

Thank you for your feedback! I hope this was helpful.

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2024

I'll check it out @Jimmy Seddon! Thanks!  

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2024

I haven't started using it either. To be honest, I hate the idea of submitting proof of attendance. Shouldn't it be an automatic process? Anyway, I trust it will be, wait for it 

Nick Wilson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2024

Thanks for the link to the article, its what i was looking for

Richard Scholtes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2024

Hi @Ree Kent

thanks for addressing my concerns. I get what you did with the new system and I can see that there are different owners involved in the different platforms. Still I want to express, that no matter how much I love the Atlassian product world, that current process does not seem to be worth my life time.

I just hope that there will be a better solution to this great idea before my certifications expire in 2025.

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2024

I actually did submit activities last weekend and also managed to renew all of the exams even though I didn't need it to all until early 2026. I think I could gather points for another renewal as well but don't see the point in it at the moment. It appears I've went through tons of university courses & ACE events in the past 6 months.

I'm just not a fan of having to track everything 'manually' and then copy&paste that into certificate portal (it took me almost 2 hours just to gather evidence of everything I've attended and to submit part of it). Hope this will be automated/connected with University account in the future. 🤞👀

Brita Moorus August 11, 2024

Nice!

Brandon Catlett August 12, 2024

Same here, nothing expiring soon.

Ashlea Shaw August 13, 2024

Thanks for this - I am registered with Atlassian with my current work email address but discovered that my progress with Salesforce's equivalent training courses was lost when I moved to a new company. So my question is, if we move to new companies will this progress be transferable to our new email addresses or will we have to start again?

Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2024

Hi @Ashlea Shaw 

The progress is tied to your CertMetrics ID (AT00.....). You can update your email address in the candidate portal -  https://cp.certmetrics.com/atlassian/en

The portal is where you can view your certifications, download badges and transcripts, register for exams, and enter your activities for continuing education.

Feel free to open a support ticket if you have any issues. 

I hope that helps!

Like Ashlea Shaw likes this
Sumit Parakh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2024

Thanks for sharing this article. Seems helpful.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events