Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Renewing Your Certifications

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Atlassian’s officially announced how to renew your certifications, which I covered in detail on Monday’s Live Learning session about Getting Started with Certifications.

In case you missed it, you can watch the recording here:
https://youtube.com/live/HNVCyQnItPM

My question to you this week: How are you planning to renew your certifications?

Are you going to dive into the Atlassian University now that all on-demand content is 100% free? Are you going to attend one or more Live Learning virtual sessions? Or, do you have something else in mind?

Personally, I’m going to do a little bit of everything! (which I assume most of the rest of you will as well). There are a few courses I’m interested in now that they are free, specifically “Advanced Asset Management in Jira Service Management”.

What about you? What are you looking to do to renew your certifications? Or, if you haven’t earned a certification yet, what cert are you looking to prepare for? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

17 comments

Comment

Simon Clark
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2024

Hi. I'm new to Jira and I have been following the Atlassian University courses in preparation for the Jira Software Essentials exam. They have been great so far.

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2024

I'm going to do all of the above. I'm still working on my Jira Essentials cert exam and also have taken some of the free learning. I have also attended some of your Live Learning sessions and some from others as well. I find them very useful and informative. Thanks @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Deepak Sukhavan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2024

Thank you, @Jimmy Seddon !

Like # people like this
Angelia White
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 13, 2024

We recently started using Atlassian products and I'm just getting started on my learning journey, but I hope to be a pro in no time!

Like # people like this
Juan Carlos Pin June 14, 2024

Hi everyone! Let's build some community bonds! I'm preparing for my first certification! I hope I can get it ASAP ACP-120!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2024

Like you @Jimmy Seddon, I am doing a little bit of everything. I'm less focused on becoming certified since there id not direct benefit to me or my company in my current role, and more focused on becoming a well rounded admin and advocate. So, I am certainly taking advantage of the 100% free on demand courses and the Live Learning sessions.

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2024

Definitely a mix of everything for me - a little bit of this and little bit of that. Apart from University courses being free for everyone, I love the initiative which aims to gather more people at local community events 🙂

Like # people like this
Ivy Campbell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 15, 2024

Hi all! I'm not new to Jira, but I'm new to the community and eager to learn more beyond the typical OJT. Great to be here!

Like # people like this
Anandie Klaasen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 18, 2024

Hi There, I am new here, but have been working across SaaS for a while, and Jire and Atlassian is a firm favourite!

Like # people like this
Portela
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 18, 2024

For those who aren't that familiar with the certifications this intro/summary should be helpful:

"Earn an Atlassian Certification to Advance your Career: Where (and How!) to Start"

Like # people like this
Meisam jenaghi Garcia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 19, 2024

How do certification renewals work?

I noticed that my ACP-620 certification is set to expire in August. I wanted to understand how this renewal process works, how much it costs, and the steps I need to follow to proceed with the renewal.

Like # people like this
Juan Carlos Pin June 19, 2024

Hi @Meisam jenaghi Garcia

Take a look at the new details about Certification Renewal!

Maintain your certification : Atlassian

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2024

Hi @Meisam jenaghi Garcia 

Going forward, you can use continuing education to renew your certification. Details can be found on this page - Maintain your Certification.

Renewals can be completed at no cost.

Your ACP-MJCP Managing Jira Projects for Cloud (ACP-620) suspends in August, but does not expire until November. If you would like an extension to have more time to renew, you can submit a support ticket.

Hope that helps!

Like # people like this
Jovin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2024

Hey all! Long time Jira user/administrator/tinkerer just joining the convo.

AU is awesome and I'm looking forward to consuming literally all the content!

Like # people like this
Ellen Dedrick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 19, 2024

This is a great forum to learn more about Atlassian. Am a new user so find it really helpful!

Like # people like this
Stéphane Veraart June 25, 2024

Attending ACE events and doing the byte-sized learning will help as well going forward, for renew certifications. Other ones are now free on Atlassian University.

Like # people like this
Per Malmberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 1, 2024

Looks interesting

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events