Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Home remedies to feel better!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I’m sorry I’m missed posting this the past couple of weeks. I think this is the first time in the three years since I started doing these posts weekly. Over the past few weeks I have been out of commission with respiratory issues. I have recovered now, but it took longer than I was hoping.

That being said, my question for you all this week is: “What is your go to home remedy to get better when you are sick?

I’ve worked with people that immediately grab apple cider vinegar & ginger. I have also known people that will start taking vitamin C tablets. Personally, I try to get some extra rest and drink plenty of fluids.

How about you? What do you do to get better? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

16 comments

Comment

Maciej Łyk September 25, 2024

Hi, when there are some sighns that something is comming to get me feel sick I just take some garlic with honey, take vitamin C and lower my activity :) 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2024

This is my go-to for any illness. 

• Hot Water
  • Lemon Tea
  • Mint Tea
  • Any Citrus Tea
  • Honey
  • Ground Ginger

It's pretty close to the off the menu Starbuck Medicine Ball and provides instant relief of any symptoms that are in my chest or head. 

Glad you're on the mend! Keep feeling better and better.

Like # people like this
Ananjan_Mishra September 25, 2024

Hey @Jimmy Seddon, What a fantastic topic!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and continued good health! 🌟

For my go-to home remedy, I swear by a soothing mix of turmeric and hot milk (no sugar) at night—it’s like a magic potion for me. And here’s a bonus tip: honey and cinnamon powder combo! Plus, don’t forget to keep those fluids flowing throughout the day. 🚰

Like # people like this
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2024

Hi, happy to hear that everything is ok now!

Nothing original from our team: hot tea, honey&lemon, raspberry jam.

Sometimes we go backwards: have a sore throat - eat ice cream. :) 

Like # people like this
Sanam Malleswari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2024

Hi, Nice topic. For my go-to home remedy, I like to sleep more continuously.

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2024

Sorry to hear you got hit hard the past few weeks, but glad your recovery is going well now. Tea and sleeping more is my go-to. For respiratory issues, sometimes a humidifier helps too.

Happy Wednesday!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon So glad you are feeling better. I've missed your posts.

My main remedies are:

• tea with honey
  • plenty of water (maybe with an electrolyte powder once a day)
  • inhaling steam with menthol in it
  • sleep on my latest saving grace—an adjustable base for my bed so I don't need to prop myself up with pillows 
Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2024

Ick, sorry to hear that you've been down for the count! Glad you're on the mend though. 

• For tummy troubles, I swear by activated charcoal capsules.
  • Starting to feel sick in general? Vitamin B12 and Zinc
  • Sore throat - Fava Tea has a great sore throat tea!
Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2024

One of my old girlfriends insisted that if I started getting ill I had to take Garlic, and that the most effective way to do that was to rub it on the feet!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2024

@Andy Gladstone Do you combine all of those things in one drink?

@Stephen_Lugton Do you get to wear socks so that you don't get garlic all over the furniture?

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2024

Hi @Jimmy Seddon, glad you're on the mend! Lots of sleep and water, and Tylenol if I have aches or a headache. Nothing beats that for me. 😊

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2024

@Barbara Szczesniak I'm pretty certain that I wasn't allowed socks, so I had to just sit and recover

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2024

@Barbara Szczesniak yes, all in a single large mug.

Like # people like this
Antoinette Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 25, 2024

Hello @Jimmy Seddon - I love to keep myself hydrated with water, but hot herbal teas are my go to. Also, keeping a jar of garlic cloves soaked in honey and eating a few of those also helps with colds and flus symptoms.  Vicks has shower steamers to help with congestion!

Like # people like this
Shreeja J
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2024

Hello @Jimmy Seddon 

Welcome back, and glad to hear you’ve bounced back! When I'm feeling off, my secret weapon is a combo of ginger tea with a dash of lemon—it’s like a reset button for the body. I’ll also indulge in some cozy blanket time while catching up on my favorite shows, and I make sure to drink enough water to feel like a human aquarium. Rest and hydration are always my best remedies!
Hope you have a healthy rest of the week!

Thanks,
Shreeja 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2024

Hi @Jimmy Seddon not an answer to your question, but just a short comment to say that I'm happy you've recovered and are well again. Take good self-care!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events