Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Do you have a New Year's Tradition?

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

The end of 2021 is fast approaching! I don't know about everyone else, but I feel like 2021 has been a very blessed year for me. To some, this is the time to make a New Year's Resolution. To other's it's a one or two words as your guiding principal for the year.

My question for you this week is do you have a New Year's Resolution? or a Guiding word? If so what are they? If not, I'd love to hear if you have any other traditions for starting the year on the right foot.

I have become a big fan of the guiding principal for the year. Starting 2022, I'm going to try and focus more on "Balance". My wife and I just had our second child. I have been in my current job for a little over a year and I feel like I have established myself there. My focus for 2022 needs to be about making sure that I achieve that proper balance of getting my work accomplished while making sure that I have time for both my family and myself.

It's your turn now! I'd love to hear from everyone in the comments.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and I'll see you all in 2022!

3 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon thanks for this post. It gave me pause to think. 

My guiding principle for 2022 is Participation. I am often too comfortable doings things alone or by myself to push myself outside of my comfort zone and be participatory.

My New Year's Resolutions are split into personal and professional.

• PERSONAL - Complete more miles on my bike than I did the past two years combined, which were mired by illness and injury. Now that I am healed physically I need to get over the mental baggage and get back out there.
  • PROFESSIONAL - Attain my first Atlassian certification in Q1.
Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon for this last Welcome Wednesday post of the year 2021!

My guiding principle will be the same as yours for 2022, i.e., Balance.

Though I have not thought much about my professional resolutions, but personally, I would want to reduce a few kilos, either by managing my diet or doing more walking or other physical exercises.

Wish you and everyone here a wonderful and Happy New Year!

Stay safe!

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck December 30, 2021

I've never really bothered with new years resolutions, mainly because I have a really hard time building a habit so I pretty much need to make resolutions on a weekly basis :þ 

Having said that I like the idea of a guiding principle and I think I'll pinch @Andy Gladstone :þ I definitely need to get out more and do the human thing :þ  

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events