Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Deploying Virtual Hugs!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Experts say this can be the hardest time of the year. Being fully back to the work routine, lack of going outside, and limited vitamin D from less sunlight can have people feeling down.

I know I have had my share of days where I'd rather stay under the warm covers than brave the cold, dark outside to walk the husky at crazy o' clock in the morning.

This week, for anyone that is struggling to get through the day or find that motivation/inspiration to “do all the things” I've got your back!

Have a great rest of the week!

18 comments

Comment

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2024

Exactly what I needed 🥹

hug.gif

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2024

Right back at you!

giphy

Like # people like this
Odd_lynice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2024

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2024

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon! I actually needed this today. I was out all last week with the flu and it was so awful! I'm back at work this week and struggling through it with lingering symptoms. So, thanks for the hug and back at ya! 

Like # people like this
Jorey McComas January 24, 2024

This can be challenging. I worked on my schedule and am now starting work an hour earlier than usual so I can be off an hour earlier, when there is still some daylight to get out and do something under the sun, or fog, or clouds, but at least during the daylight hours.  It has had a positive impact. 

Like # people like this
Manne Kjærby - ProProces
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2024

If we all keep that in mind and show a bit patience we can get through these cold and dark days. Cheers :-)

51MRwGDRnsL

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2024

I would never reject a hug from a bestie buddy @Jimmy Seddon 🤗

As much as I have my daily movement and vitamin D supplementation, you are right. Back to the work routine, which turned out to be quite unsatisfying, tries to diminish my mental state. 

Thoughts and hugs to everyone who is feeling a bit low this month 💙

Like # people like this
Colin Nixon January 28, 2024

limited vitamin D from less sunlight

Not here in Australia, lol. We just had a national holiday for "Australia Day" and had temps of 43C/110F, a bit of a scorcher :)

Still happy to send a virtual hug to anyone in need :)

Like Phil Nguyen likes this
GNarsimhagowda - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2024

Stefan Jandewerth January 29, 2024

A cold dark morning leaves me with some sort of serenity too.

Wind and rain however, now that calls for covers.

Phil Nguyen January 29, 2024

'ello how is everyone today

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon you can be Poe or Fin, but I'm the other guy no matter which one you choose. My notifications are a bit wonky, and I was locked in an offsite last week, so your hug is a bit delayed.

I'm ready to take down the First Order now.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2024

Breaking from etiquette here and double posting. Watching this loop over and over again just keeps a smile on my face all day. 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2024

I am a bit late to this post, but this is a very motivating post every time I see it.

Since I still need some hugs this week when I am not feeling fully energized yet, I am sending some back to you all as well who need it.

Movie gif. A worried Sully from Monsters, Inc looks away from Boo as they hug.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Carla Ann Rowland
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2024

Thank you for hugs. Screenshot 2024-02-02 115042.png Sending virtual to all.

RoarByte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 4, 2024

great

Gerson Prieto February 6, 2024

giphy

Bijay Duwal February 27, 2024

I want you hug you @Jimmy Seddon . 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events