Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: Your favorite ice cream? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
I spent almost 2 years in England and south Wales back in the early 90's. It was there, that I got introduced to the Magnum ice cream. Hard, Belgium chocolate with vanilla ice cream! Man, so good! Think the price was 99p back then. I´ve been a bit disappointed lately, though, because it's been hard to find the Magnum classic. Most of the Magnums at the store are double something or another. Too fancy pancy for me. But then when Magnum came out with the mini tub, I got super stoked!
zmagnum.jpg
Soooo, what is your favorite ice cream? And tell us why. 

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

35 comments

Comment

Hans Polder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2024

Hey @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ,

Yeah, I loved those back in the day as well. In the Netherlands even some folklore 'truth' started going around that eating 1 Magnum was equivalent to a pack of butter. And I'm talking about the heavy bricks of butter ;-)

For me, chocolate has always been my Achilles heel... Mars Ice Cream should be forbidden.. I could eat a whole box in a way too short period. Now I simply don't buy them anymore, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go out the house anymore 😂 

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Kristian Klima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2024

Chocolate ice cream. Dark chocolate ice cream.

Like # people like this
Shawn Stevens August 1, 2024

Pineapple Sherbet! I worked in an Ice Cream story a long, long time ago and that was my favorite. I was probably the only one that ever ate it because not many people asked for it. :-) 

Free Pineapple Sherbet for the win!

Currently Graeters Black Raspberry Chip is the go to. 

Like # people like this
Holly Scott August 1, 2024

Drumsticks and Flintstone Push Ups! So stinking good!

FPU.jpgDrum.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2024

Butter Pecan and Cookies and Cream all the way, although I can't eat ice cream, but love gelato! 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2024

I'd have to say Maple Nut Ice Cream would be my favorite.  

I do like myself a good Peppermint Bon Bon as well.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2024

Hm. I love the Haagen-Dazs chocolate peanut butter.  But my all-time favorite is one I make myself:  vanilla with thin mint Oreo's... 🤤🤤🤤

hd.png

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2024

When I was a child, I thought that vanilla ice cream was just ice cream that they didn't add any flavor to and didn't understand why anyone would choose it. I have since had very good French vanilla ice cream, so cost might be a factor in the taste.

When I lived in The Netherlands, they had cinnamon ice cream, which was delicious.

My favorite, however, is butter pecan. This may be influenced by the fact that no one else in my family likes this flavor, so I get the whole container to myself. 🍨

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2024

Cornetto Classico #vintage

IMG_0293.jpeg

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2024

I’m voting for Cornetto Classico, just like @Dave Mathijs 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2024

We love the variety pack of Magnum minis in our house! Custard is pretty big here in Wisconsin, but I prefer softserve or frozen yogurt. I'm not too particular on flavor, but definitely tend to go with a more neutral base and put lots of tasty toppings on when we get frozen yogurt! 🍦

Photo gif. Strawberry ice cream cone with stick arms and legs and a face drawn on it dancing funky.

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2024

Hello everyone

I really like ice cream in many flavors, my favorite is definitely chocolate, but then there is chocolate with vanilla, with mint, with cream, pistachio, mint, mango, buuuuffff
The list could be endless but I admit that I never eat strawberry and other more common flavors

As far as commercial ice creams go, this is my favorite

magnum.jpg

Like # people like this
Bao Truong August 2, 2024

Oh, I didn’t realize Magnum was that popular. It just arrived in Vietnam and has already hired a lot of KOLs for marketing. I thought it was a brand new ice cream brand.

Like # people like this
Dustin Smith (K15t) August 2, 2024

Plain old vanilla ice cream in a root beer float!

featured-adult-root-beer-float-recipe

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2024

Walls had something called Raspberry Ripple. I used to love this. Can't find this anymore.

So now my current favorite is  Bulla Murrayst's Vanilla & Boysenberry

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2024

I like all sorts of ice cream. When I was a kid during the summer months, I loved hearing the sound of the ice cream truck coming down the street. It brings back such great memories of seeing all the kids running out of their backyards up to the truck. I always love getting an orange Creamsicle or a nutty buddy. to this day I still enjoy the nutty buddy to but the classic ones have been replaced with a more fancy version for sure, but still yummy. Chocolate malts are also I go to for me.

IMG_4414.jpeg

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2024

I like Casata, Choco Roco, Itian nuggets 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2024

Thanks guys!

TBT Happy Friday yall.jpg

Like # people like this
Teodora V _Fun Inc_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2024

I've always been a fan of very plain and mostly natural-tasting ice creams, like pure vanilla or dark chocolate. I wouldn't return any fancy gelato flavor, but the more complex, the more junk inside.

So you would usually see me searching for some overpriced healthy option :D that's the reason why I bought the latest Ninja Creami and put an end to the summer misery.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2024

Toasted Almond. The entire box of 6 at once.

TA.jpg

Like # people like this
Ingo Volkhausen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2024

A Magnum ice cream is indeed a treat, yet it's nearly the equivalent of two complete meals. I prefer the mini Magnum version, so there's still room left for fried potatoes.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2024

Pretty much any combination of chocolate and peanut butter.  I also like flavors such as Moose Tracks, Turtle Tracks, etc. 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2024

Yes, @Ingo Volkhausen , there are a lot of calories in Magnum. I've had a hard time finding the regular sized Magnum original (mostly find this double choco something) but a bit easier to find the mini Magnums. My son brought a box of mini Magnums yesterday :) Great treat!

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2024

The strawberry cheese cake flavour is not bad.

temp.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events