Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What was your childhood pet? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
I am the youngest of 5 siblings so by the time I came around, my siblings had had all kinds of pets and my parents were tired of cleaning and taking care of their pets. Therefore, I didn't really have many. We had some bird but that didn't last. Too much noise and messy. But then we got a dog when I was about 9. However, something came up and we were unable to keep it. Think my mom wasn´t a dog person and my dad too busy to train it. That was a sad day...
z_dog.jpg
Sooooo, what was your childhood pet (if you had one)?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

19 comments

Comment

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2024

I had 4 pedigree Alsations / German Shepards, along with Pigeons.

Like # people like this
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2024

Thank you for the post!

We took in a dog when I was 8. He lived 13 years with us and was the most loving and clever creature in the world (yeah-yeah, I know that everybody says the same about their dogs but nevertheless). 

Also had a Syrian (Golden) hamster when I was 9-10 years old. Was thrilled at first (kinda adorable and funny) but soon was disappointed with the lack of any intelligence. Took good care of it though. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2024

We were really good at killing fish by bringing them home from the pet store and placing them in our 50 gallon fish tank. I don't think we had one that lasted more than a month. After a few years we gave up. 

Like # people like this
Shreeja J
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2024

Throwback vibes on a Thursday! 🐶

I remember the thrill of having one when I was younger—it was such a blast! Those playful moments, with our dog wagging his tail and ready for adventure, brought so much joy. Even though we couldn’t keep him for long, the memories of our fun times together still bring a smile to my face. There’s just something special about the bond with a dog that makes every moment unforgettable!

Like # people like this
Johann Batt September 26, 2024

I had a fox terrier and a golden retriever

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2024

We had a cocker spaniel named "Cookie" who could be quite mean at times and was no cookie. I also had a cat named Smokey. 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2024

When I was little, they tried to adopt a cat named Sassy, but it was aptly named and we couldn't keep it since it was just too difficult around kids. We had a rescue dog named Blitzen for a few years before his passing. Then, we had a cocker spaniel named Willoughby and a cat my sister received as a Christmas gift named Mittens. 

Like # people like this
bzoern
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2024

Good Morning, I'm the eleventh of twelve children. There were many pets in our household. Must have been the decade of the 70's, we too had a lot of birds as pets. The dogs kept scaring them and my older brothers kept letting them out of the cage to fly around the house. The birds would quickly be put back in the cage and found dead  a day later. Mom was always baffled at how often she'd have to get new birds. lol..

Dog's though, were the pet of choice, too many to count. Thank you for bringing a memory of mine to the forefront....I'd forgotten about all the birds my mom tried to keep. :)

Like # people like this
Holly Scott September 26, 2024

We had an orange cat that was named Skittles (I believe my brother named him) and a Dobermann pinscher named Chelsea. I played so much with Chelsea. I probably would've lived in her dog house with her if I could've.

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2024

We had no pets growing up—my parents had enough trouble feeding and clothing 6 kids. I never missed them and have never understood why anyone would want one. I know this is sacrilege to many people, but it's how I feel about it.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2024

My first was a dog named Penny, then 2 Parakeets (Salt and Pepper), then a Golden Retriever named Maggie.  I was too young to really remember Penny but I remember the birds and Maggie was a sweet doggie.  All my pictures are at my Dad's house or I would share...  🐶💕

Like # people like this
Roxann Moyer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 26, 2024

I had an orange cat and a dalmatian

Like # people like this
Sherilyn Tasker September 26, 2024

All my pets growing up were strays of some sort or another. Cats, ducklings, rabbits, birds. But never dogs sadly. 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2024

My parents used to have a Bouvier in the early 80s, I got to name him and called him King.

1526836284950-508c2f2f-2b95-4ab5-8d1e-05438637c6f0.jpg

It was just a lovely dog, but also very strong and stubborn.

1526836323835-b36f959f-049d-4c19-be2a-fd54087bc19a_.jpg

I held him in my arms when he died, I got very attached to it.

My mom also had a poodle and a yorkshire terrier, but that's not my definition of a dog. 🐶

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2024

Hello everyone

Thanks to God and my parents, I had a little dog until he died of old age and then I had two more dogs. My parents loved animals and I was very lucky to be able to enjoy the company and love of these pets. Today, after so many years, I still remember them with love and I even have photos of them when I was little.

In this aspect, I have been very lucky. Happy Thursday to everyone !!!

Regards

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2024

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Thanks for the post.

I had little dog in my childhood days, one day it run and never came back that was first dog. 

last 5 years ago I brought Rocky dog (when it was very small) now it has grown.

Vikram P 

Like # people like this
Marcus Jacobs September 27, 2024

We didn't have pet's but grandparents with a farm wich means a mean guard dog :( but nice fluffy sheeps :D

Like # people like this
Cas Renooij September 27, 2024

I remember having cats...  about 5 of them. And a dog at some point.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2024

Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures.

TBT Happy Friday yall.jpg

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events