Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite mouse/trackpad/thingy? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
Not too long ago, I did a #TBT about keyboards and a great discussion spun out of that. In that thread, @ElenaK_NemetschekBG mentioned a mouse and showed us a picture of it. Well, that is the inspiration for this #TBT. 
giphy
I've been using Logitech M330 for a while now and really like it.
M330.jpg
Sooooo, now I want to hear about your mice :=)  What is your favorite mouse?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

23 comments

Comment

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2023

2012-11-27-puck.pngYup, it's probably not going to be the most popular answer around here.  BUT, after awhile it started growing on me.  The ever unpopular hockey puck mouse from Apple came in 7 colors and was part of the no-beige computer period. 

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2023

Can I say my favorite mouse...is a trackpad?

Big fan of Apple's Magic Trackpad!

MMMP3.jpeg

Like # people like this
Josué Garcia November 16, 2023

I had this classic for close to 15 years before deciding to go wireless mouse. It was perfect for my giant hands. Yes, I am this old!

s-l500.jpg

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2023

At home I'm using the Logitech MX Master 3S:

Logitech MX Master 3S.jpg

At the office, I'm using the Logitech MX Anywhere 3S:

Logitech MX Anywhere 3S.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2023

What is an "office" @Dave Mathijs ? hahaha

Thanks for sharing. Very cool mice!

Love the hockey puck, @Dan Breyen 

Heck yeah, brother @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ , trackpad counts!

Ohhhh, cool Sun mouse, @Josué Garcia 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2023

Oh, wait, I misread the question.  My favorite mouse?  Well, this mouse was an integral part of The Green Mile.  Mr. Jingles.  Delacroix taught him tricks, and even had a miraculous recovery after an unfortunate and serious injury before running off into the sunset.  the-green-mile-mr-jingles-mouse-2574535419.jpg

Like # people like this
Gokul Anand Bahadur November 16, 2023

I like logitech as well.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2023

@Dan Breyen ~ Mr. Jingles!!  HAHA.  Great movie...

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2023

Unusual but interesting topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!  I will start by saying that I don't have any love for mice that contained a trackball, they were nothing but a pain.  The moment laser mice came out I loved them.

I'm currently using a Logitech g502 Hero:

g502-hero-gallery-1-nb.png

It works very well for both work and gaming!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2023

I love my trusty magic mouse, but I'm certain it's not the best for my wrist and I should probably give something new a try!

Apple Magic Mouse review: Apple Magic Mouse - CNET

Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2023

Here's one for ya... a Logitech M310 wireless mouse on an OS/2 2.0 mouse pad.  I received this mouse pad when I was working on OS/2 2.0 printer drivers for IBM/Lexmark... back in the bad old days.

I keep a Logitech M325 in my backpack with the associated dongle plugged into my laptop at all times... my M310's dongle is plugged into my dock.

Mouse.jpg

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2023

Simple. Small. Portable. Light. Logitech M525 is always in my bag.

Logitech M525.jpg

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2023

I am using the Dell PU705 Bluetooth Travel Mouse shown below since I bought my first Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop in 2009. I still have it and I love it. I never tried any other mice (except only a few regular Logitech and Microsoft ones at my client work locations before 2018).

dellxpsmouse_1.jpg

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2023

I'm going to have to cheat, I don't have a specific favourite.

Many many years ago, I got shifted to an annex office, which was poorly equipped with non-adjustable furniture.  The company had run out of desk space and got temporary space while they commissioned the next expansion.

Most of us there developed joint problems, mostly RSI (Repetetive strain injury, or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome), and I was one of the first to develop it.

As I complained very early, they sent me to a physiotherapist who did a whole load of stuff to alleviate the symptoms, and gave me good advice on how to stop making it worse.  Her advice is still working to suppress it.

She gave me a "sideways mouse", which stops you twisting the two bones in your forearm as you do with a traditional mouse and told me to ask the employer for a laptop with one of those new-fangled touchpads (I did, they gave me an IBM T42 which was good on so many levels and it served me well for 25 years!), but more importantly, she said the best prevention was to use different mice regularly.  Frequently swapping between a "normal" mouse, a "sideways" mouse, a touchpad, and and other inputs has almost completely stopped the pain.  The downside is that I can't play action games for more than an hour or so (I need a standard mouse for FPS games).

So, that said, here are the three mice I use most of the time (I don't think a photo of a laptop's touchpad is going to add much to the conversation)

a68ba315-1808-4ead-9de5-ec193f7ce296.jpeg

Left = mostly for gaming

Right = sideways mouse, mostly for browsing and work

The middle one is probably not really a mouse, it's a gesture sensor, trained on gestures that don't need me to flex my fingers at all.

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2023

Definitely Logitech's MX Series mouse.

image.png

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2023

Thank you all for your comments and cool pictures. Fun to read about your mice :)

giphy

Like Eva Gruener likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2023

Original Xerox Design Mouse:-

original.jpg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2023

Any recommendations on which mouse brands are good for gaming?

alien.pngrazer.png

Like # people like this
Eva Gruener November 22, 2023

Logitech - old-fashioned, with cable. 😄

TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2023

I tried Magic Mouse and others. Now back to the built-in trackpad (:

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2023

DSC_2106

I really like this mouse until it died.  

Lars Barthel November 30, 2023

Logitech ERGO M575 Wireless Trackball Maus - Einfache ...

Honestly, it took me some time to get used to it :D , but afterwards, I wouldn't go for an other device.

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2024

My favourite was the MS prototype mouse. At one time I ran all the events for Microsoft across the country and we had access to all theri hardware and software. In about 1999 they launched a mouse and gave us the prototype - it worked, but it also came apart as a demo to show every part for trade shows. We actually got used to using it and kept it for a lot of years. Wish we had kept it as it might have been worth like ten bucks or something now... 

Like Eva Gruener likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events