Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What is the strangest pizza topping you've had? #TBT

AIt's Thursday!
giphy      

Pizza seems to be liked by most people, well a lot of people at least... Some prefer calzone!

giphy

I happen to LOVE pizza. I especially love pizza made on a pizza stone on the propane barbeque in the yard. Thin, crisp crust but not too crispy. After all, it is a pizza not a cracker! I think maybe the strangest pizza topping is the Swedish style: bananas and curry. It did taste pretty fine though. Just sounds weird :)

giphy

Sooo, what is the strangest pizza topping you've had?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

32 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2023

Pizza + @Kristján Geir Mathiesen + TBT is a winning combination!

For me it's not so much about a topping, but a stuffing. Years ago I was introduced to the stuffed falafel slice. I went into the first bite with some apprehension - but the 1,000,000 bites I have taken since have been with elation. It is my go-to slice at my local pizzeria and has an amazing crust to go with the falafel, mozzarella and vegetable stuffing. I can't find a picture online that will do it justice. I may need to order a slice today just to snap a proper pic!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro September 14, 2023

Dear @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

The weirdest pizza adventure I embarked on was the "Porkzilla" – a pizza with colossal pork loin chunks and pineapple chunks that looked more like pineapple boulders. The texture combo was so unusual that it felt like the pork was on a mission to conquer my pizza kingdom. Suffice it to say, Porkzilla did a great job in the appetite-slaying department; LOL.

I've scoured the internet for a picture that does justice to this monstrous creation. However, they're still working on creating a camera wide enough to capture the enormity of Porkzilla's porky reign over my pizza realm! 🍍🍕🐷

365760-original.jpg

Like # people like this
Chris Roush
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2023

Mashed potatoes at https://fettapizza.net/. It wasn't my favorite but had to give it a try :-)

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2023

Dried anchovies, didn't taste as good as I expected.

Like # people like this
Joanna Weber September 14, 2023

I had a 'Christmas Pizza' from Italian food chain Zizzi, and it was topped with turkey, stuffing, sausages and roasted root vegetables. It was absolutely delicious!

Like # people like this
Mohammad Rageh September 14, 2023

For me , I like to add pineapples in the pizza toppings, but most of the people I now don't like:).

Like # people like this
tondeleya_allen September 14, 2023

Everyone's answers here have me thinking about trying some new toppings. I'm not sure if this qualifies as weird, but here goes. I like to add pan-sauteed broccoli and chickpeas, with caramelized onions to my pizza. It is beyond good.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2023

How about Bratwurst pizza with Brat pieces instead of sausage, and then sauerkraut with Ketchup and Mustand drizzled over the top?

I have had mashed potatoes on pizza, it was supposed to be a Shepards Pie type of thing.

Pineapple isn't that bad, Add some Spam and you have a twist on the Hawaiian Pizza!

Like # people like this
Benjamin September 14, 2023

The weirdest pizza adds on Taiwanese traditional food pig blood cake with coriander 

Anyone wanna try :)

圖一-必勝客運用雲林在地食材-推超狂創新混搭-香菜皮蛋豬血糕比薩-1624936725.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2023

So many ideas to try out!

giphy

Keep them comments coming :)

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2023

Well, I didn't get my points for Throwback Thursday, so that must mean I need to reply again.  

So, as a followup to my previous post, why not Spam on Pizza instead of Ham or Canadian Bacon?  You have a bunch of different flavors to try from Bacon, Jalapeno, Turkey, Maple, Hot & Spicy, Teriyaki, and of course Original.

Slice it up nice and thin for your Pineapple/Spam Pizza, or dice it into chunks.

Something to try anyway, right?  Besides, if something has its own museum, isn't it worth putting on pizza?  

Let the rebuttal begin!  

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2023

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but pineapple on pizza grosses me out.  🤢 Warm pineapple just seems....wrong.  Unless it's upside down, in cake format.  lol

But reading some of the other comments is making me crave a delicious pizza (traditional, specialty....)!  🍕

Like # people like this
Mohammad Rageh September 14, 2023

I never new about falafel toppings Pizza, but it looks deserved , please if you know some place in eastern provency of Saudi to let me know, ☺️🙏

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

So many new ideas being shared from individuals experiences.  I need to live a little as artichoke is the weirdest thing I have had.

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

I'm here for @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro porkzilla 🤤

I don't think the following toppings are that strange but make for the pizza of my dreams (that I sometimes make for myself) - passata, cheese, prawns, pineapple, olives, sriracha 🌶️

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

I haven't had any weird toppings yet as far as I can remember.
I did once had a crêpe as a pizza bottom, topped with all the toppings of a decent pepperoni pizza.

This post did remind me of the fact that next time I'm in Australia I need to go have the famous "Coat of Arms" pizza. It looks delicious: https://www.foodbeast.com/news/coat-of-arms-pizza/

Like # people like this
Chris Iacovelli September 15, 2023

while on a business trip to NZ, I had some unusual toppings. some worked, some were a total abomination.

• pizza with deer meat sausage - surprisingly good. had it in the ponsonby area at a small restaurant
  • pizza with salmon - not a good combo. i love salmon and i love pizza but the two made an unholy marriage of flavors in my mouth that still haunt me 30 years later.
  • pizza with goat cheese and fresh apricots - no red sauce but a great dessert pizza

while vacationing in paris with my wife and son, we had pizza with arugula and egg - in paris, another small bistro. i thought the waitstaff was having a go with the tourists and their broken French but we gave it a chance. after the first bite, i understood why they raved about it. bitter peppery flavor of the arugula, surrounded by the wonderful in-house made mozz, and a few eggs baked on top made this wonderful and filling meal before the long 8 hours ahead on cabs, planes, and automobiles.

Like # people like this
Neghena drawio Diagrams September 15, 2023

Never tried it or seen it on a menu, but have seen videos of Banana curry pizza which to be honest should not even be classified as pizza at this point.  Just because its on round dough and has slices does not mean its pizza. Being from NYC, I feel strongly about this. 

https://cf.ltkcdn.net/cooking/images/slide/331173-850x566-banana-pizza.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

I agree with @Andy Gladstone that Pizza + you @Kristján Geir Mathiesen + TBT post wins! 

For me the strangest pizza topping I've ever tried is pineapple. I do not personally like it. I like my pizza very basic; thin crust either cheese only or margherita style with fresh mozzarella and basil! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

Awe, @Summer_Hogan and @Andy Gladstone , you guys are so nice. Thank you!

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

The WI State Fair recently had Dill Pickle pizza - we didn't grab any there due to the long line but we tried one at home. SO good! Garlicky sauce, mozzarella, dill pickles, and a little fresh dill - surprisingly tasty!

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 4.29.19 PM.png

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2023

As Italian, pizza is something sacred. Btw, I've seen many strange types of pizza around the world... the worst is pineapple pizza

Like # people like this
Jason Tolotta September 17, 2023

Does pizza devoid of cheese count?

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2023

That would be a chocolate pizza with M&M's.

Chocolade Pizza.jpeg

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2023

I'm all in for that @Dave Mathijs! That looks amazing! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events