Throwback Thursday: What Jira feature do you miss most in the Cloud? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy 
Hope you've had a beautiful week! Today I want to hear what feature you miss the most from Data Center or Server, now that you are on the Cloud instance. I, for one, come from the Server version but for the last 3 years I've been on both Server and Cloud.
Maybe I am just blind (please tell me if I am missing this) but I really do miss the filtering in Automation that Server has. There you can filter down on status of the rule execution, see the top part of this picture.
automation.png
The bottom part of the picture is the Cloud instance. I wish we had this filtering in the Cloud...
giphy
So, what Jira feature do you the miss most from DC or Server now that you are on the Cloud instance? 
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

5 comments

Comment

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

I was a heavy powerscripts scripting user and I miss the live fields functionality on cloud.

Examples:

• ability to restrict/edit custom fields based on other custom field values and/roles/groups
  • Format content with javascripts to hide certain UI elements
Like # people like this
Sue Wilson July 14, 2022

Happy Thursday!

I used JIRA Server for 12+ years before moving to JIRA Cloud at my current job.  I miss the ability to create a filter and see more than the first 1000 results.  A plugin is required to see the full data set.  Also, the way some Atlassian Cloud Fortified & Cloud Security Participant addons do not bring the full power of the addon compared to server.  A prime example is Scriptrunner.  I used this a lot on JIRA Server due to its capabilities.  When testing it on Cloud, it did not meet any of our business needs, so we had to search out multiple addons to achieve our goals.  Maybe I am still missing things since I am new to Cloud, but these first few months...I definitely 'feel' a difference.

Like # people like this
Master Mason July 14, 2022

Hi, Kristján...

Thanks for this conversation starter.  I am new to JIRA and this should be helpful for me and I'm sure many others.

Have a wonderful day and a better tomorrow,

John

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Thanks for the great topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen

I don't believe I have used the server version of Jira and if I have it has been too long to remember. I do find though, in the version of Jira we use there are a few advanced search functions I used to use and now I cannot find them. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2022

Great topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

What I would really love to see come to Cloud from Server/Data Center is priority schemes.  At my current company there is some much we simply can't do because of legacy reasons when the Cloud instance was first created (long before I started) and that would go a long way to solving that issue.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events