Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: #TBT on summer vacay

It's Thursday!
giphy
I hope you guys are enjoying the sun and summer, if you are in the northern hemisphere. I´ve been enjoying it in my hammock so I don´t have an interesting post today.
giphy
But, I will "repost" a former #TBT post -> What is on your bucket list?
giphy
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

16 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2023

I was thinking of my bucket as I watched the news today. I would like to fly to space on Virgin Galatic!

IMG_2350.jpeg

Like # people like this
JL August 10, 2023

One on my favourite on my bucket list : round the world in slow motion. Unfortunately I need to wait until retirement otherwise nobody won't care Jira. ;)

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2023

A road trip to FL to see a SpaceX launch would be grand.  With plenty of time down and back for a few detours.

Like # people like this
Chris Iacovelli August 10, 2023

is that Hoops McCann from One Crazy Summer?!?

Like # people like this
  1. Fight Bill Shatner. Not the Bill of today, but the Bill of his Star Trek TV series. Then I could say I took the double fist punch from Shatner and survived.
  2. Visit the cemetery from Night of the Living Dead and the mall from Dawn of the Dead.
  3. See the Aurora and the Australis Borealis.
  4. Go back to Copenhagen as a casual tourist instead of on business.
  5. Visit Vatican City with eye of a historian and a of a religious man.
  6. Ask where the basement is at the Alamo.
  7. Whale watching in the Norther Pacific.
  8. Take a caravan trip through Yellowstone, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, Mount Rushmore, ...

My list changes over time and items come and go, but throwing hands with Shatner, visiting the NotLD/DotD, and seeing the Auroras have consistently been on my list for decades.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2023

I guess my last post wasn't long enough to qualify for the Throwback Thursday!  @Chris Iacovelli kudos coming your way for the One Crazy Summer reference!!!!

An Alaskan Cruise would be a blast! Heck, I'd take another Cruise anywhere right now!  

I couldn't find the basement at the Alamo, I'll have to ask next time!  

Like # people like this

@Dan Breyen - i was able to catch a launch from a unplanned cruise Florida port day. we were miles away but it was amazing. the delayed sound of the launch engines was monstrously loud when it finally hit us. 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2023

I am thinking about something on my bucket list that I already accomplished and that is going to Maui! And thank goodness I did because most of the historic sites are gone! I posted the below in an internal chat today. CryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCrying

This pic was taken right at the end of Front Street by the ocean wall in April of this year. Front Street is now gone! Lahaina is now gone! I'm so sad for the people of Maui right now! This is devastating! But I can't tell you how happy I am that I went in April because even if they rebuild it will never be the same! 

Maui.jpg

Like # people like this
David Blank
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2023

Run/hike a trail in all 50 US States!

Like # people like this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2023

There are so many things I want to do before I leave this planet, including, however briefly, leaving this planet. Some will be more difficult to achieve than others...

1. Kenya photo safari
  2. Photograph Kutna Hora, Prague
  3. Antarctic Cruise with NatGeo
  4. San Diego Comic-Con
  5. Food Fight at La Tomatina in Bunin, Spain
  6. Kayak Puget Sound
  7. Take a flight in a WWII bomber
  8. Cheyenne Wyoming Rodeo
  9. RV trip down highway 89
  10. Drive a tank. (Drivetanks.com)
  11. Visit Komodo National Park in Indonesia
  12. Tour the Seattle Underground
  13. Play in the World Championship of Darts in London
  14. Alaska Marine Highway ferry trip
  15. Nantahala Outdoor Center 5 day whitewater school
  16. Visit the Wharton Esherick Museum for woodworking
  17. Kayak Southern Outer Banks.
  18. Go into Space
Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2023

I'd love to make it somewhere to see the Northern Lights - we've had them pretty nearby earlier this year. I guess the goal will also need to be that I stay up late enough to see them. 😅 (I'm an early bird, so this might need to wait until retirement, ha!)

northern lights dreaming GIF

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2023

Retire and become a fulltime fisherman in the summer.

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2023

Happy vacation to all community members!

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

Well, it's been really hot and humid in Malaysia. Hoping the rainy season will start soon.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

I have 8 grandsons.  Two of the older ones are off to college at the end of this month.  Two more got driver licenses this summer.  I can't wait for the day where the wife and I are invited over to one of their houses for BBQ.  Ya not that great of a bucket list but it's mine :)

Like # people like this
TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2023

Hi there! A community leader newbie is wondering how to contribute enough while still enjoying his summer. Any tips from fellow leaders are much appreciated! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events