Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy 4th of July to America! #TBT

giphy

Well, it´s America´s birthday (or was on Tuesday) so...

HBA.jpg

Happy birthday, America! You are a nice and very beautiful country; so breathtaking diverse! Ever since I first came to America, December of 1978 when I was 8 years old, I've had a crush on you. Sure, you might not always be rich in history or have culture and traditions that date thousands of years back but you have always had my heart. So, from the bottom of my heart: Til hamingju með afmælið!

giphy

Do national holidays bring any special memory to you?
Let’s make it a great Thursday! KGM

19 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I think I got a sneak preview of this post on Tuesday. 😉

My family made some memories this past Tuesday. We went to view the Macy’s Fireworks show from the dock outside my office. We got there early, played some frisbee and basketball and had a great time that made memories for years to come!

Who said I’d never use the picture I took of the fireworks???

IMG_5835.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2023

Great call out @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!

Canada Day (July 1st) is also my Mom's Birthday.  For many years in my teens, I was making enough money that my give was always a semi-extravagant fireworks display.  For the longest time, we lived on the edge of the city with no active development behind my parents house (now it's a completely new sub-division).  When it was an empty field, I would spend about $100 on fireworks and set them off.

My favorite was always Dragon's Breath (it might be called something different elsewhere) it was 30 shots of red & green balls (like roman candles) but it was only $7 each so it was great value!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

Wait, what?  It's Thursday already?  

Just a friendly reminder, the significance of the day is not that it is the 4th of July, but America's Independence Day.  

As a kid, it always meant packing up the car and heading up north in the Midwest. Maybe we'd see fireworks, sometimes not.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

We started a tradition in our neighborhood when we first moved in over a decade ago where everyone comes over at noon, eats food and hangs out and then we do fireworks.  We have never traveled on the 4th since then and it has grown into big gathering since then.  Each year different neighbors attend with the faithful and we have a great time.  It is fun to connect and see how everyone is doing and how kids have grown.

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

Happy Thursday everyone! I have lots of traditions with holidays. One I especially love is doing a staycation over the 4th and celebrating with lots of people at the resort. The resorts here always do special events such as BBQ's and Fireworks. It is such a great time! 

Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

Abe.jpg

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2023

For me, the 4th of July was a picnic with the family growing up in Wisconsin. I remember Kentucky Fried Chicken. Sparklers, Punks and some snaps.  Then, city fireworks.

Living in Missouri is much different experience. Fireworks are legal and are purchased out of popup tents all over the place. It is like a war zone here. Fireworks going off until 10 PM (by regulation they must stop at 10 PM which they do not). My dog was medicated since the first of July to keep her calm during the hours of fireworks. Some people rival the city displays.

Next year, we go where only the city fireworks displays are allowed.

Like # people like this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

Happy 4th of July Atlassian Community!

Like # people like this
ronald_bergmann July 7, 2023

No Star Wars meme?

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2023

@ronald_bergmann you may be confusing July 4th with May 4th (May the 4th be with you!)

Like # people like this
ronald_bergmann July 7, 2023

@Andy Gladstonehaha, you are correct. We need a meme for July 4, as well!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2023

The fireworks show in Nashville, TN is one of the biggest in the US. It's always fun to be downtown to see this. The Nashville Symphony plays along with the show enhancing it even more. 

I also remember being on Boston Common one year to watch the fireworks show and a huge thunderstorm rolled through. But it was a great day watching the USS Constitution make its annual trip out into the Boston Harbor and back. 

Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2023

Fourth of July.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2023

@Randy O_Neal  that is epic! You made me laugh hard :) Now I want to watch the movie again...

giphy

Like # people like this
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2023

Happy independence day! watching fireworks are always memorable on any national holidays.

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2023

The irony is I watched the Independence Day movie once again on the 4th of July.

But I'll have to wait till 31st August before it's celebrated in Malaysia.

Like # people like this
Raymond Toh July 10, 2023

Celebration!

Like # people like this
Anthony Morais
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2023

Happy belated 4th of July! ahahahaa

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023

Happy 4th July!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events