Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday fun: show us your pets

Viewing page 2 of 2

32 comments

Comment

Deleted user December 19, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel referenced this thread in the Advent calendar thread, so I popped over to see.  There are so many adorable dogs and cats out there!  However, my girl is neither.  Say hello to Tasha, the goffin cockatoo.  She's 21 years old and has us very well trained.

Gotta love me.jpg

Goffins are 12 inches head to tail, white except for peach on the cheeks and yellow under the wings and tail.  They need a steady supply of toys and appropriate items to chew and destroy, but she's happy with straws and paper towel tubes, besides balsa wood toys.

Like Thomas Schlegel likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 19, 2018

@[deleted] hi Tasha!! She's gorgeous and I love birds! I am still trying to convince my husband I need another parakeet. 

Like Deleted user likes this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

My neighbors call us the crazy cat people, and I suppose they have good reason. I have 5 house cats and, depending on the day, a colony of up to 6 ferals I take of that live around my garage. 

Here are the house cats:

IMG_5485.jpg

Sophie is the newest...we found here in the garage with a broken leg, took her in to foster her while she healed, and decided to keep her. She's fearless and climbs EVERYTHING.

IMG_5750.jpg

Milo is from a litter of kittens the feral Mama cat had in the garage. He was born in late winter and kept escaping from the nest to explore the garage, so at first he was "Dora the Explorer" but that didn't work once we found out he was male. He's a snuggler, and he loves his moose.

IMG_5488.jpg

Dusty is the shy one...he was covered in sawdust when we found him in the garage, half starved. We had to keep him.

IMG_5436.jpg

Moe is my buddy...he has to be by me when I'm home, preferably in a box. Yes, he gets in the way, but that is okay.

IMG_5418.jpg

Shemp owns the place. Sure, he's a sweet little guy, but never forget he's the boss. 

Bonus:

These are two of Mama's last litter. After these guys were old enough we finally caught Mama and had her spayed (long story) and the kittens are being fostered now by a rescue organization and are ready for adoption. 

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2018

I love your cats, @Scott Theus - we have two of them, Moritz and Traudel, both from animal shelter. 

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2018

The advent calendar is such a great thing. I had no idea this post existed and no way I could pass it up without posting pictures of our two furry family members.

Theo (8 years old):

We adopted him a year ago and this picture is from the day he came home with us. It sums him up pretty perfect, a very happy boy who loves being with his people. He loves getting in the car but actually has going anywhere in the car. So you could imagine the fun he had when we moved to Florida this summer (19 hour drive). He loves the sunshine, being outside, and taking naps.......all the naps.

FB_IMG_1507209201866.jpg

Amani (10 years old): 

This is my wife's cat. This cat and I have a very love/hate relationship. He doesn't like me when my wife and son are around. But if they are gone then he loves to be around me then. He pretty much makes the rules, constantly yelling if he can barely see the bottom of his bowl. Finding any blanket that may be in someones lap to sleep in and of course going completely crazy in the middle of the night for no reason. He unlike our dog loves car rides and made the trip down to Florida with ease. With all his crazy and crankiness aside he is a great cat and has helped me take several naps through the years. 

20170718_071148.jpg

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2019

This is Morticia.

If you look to the right of Morticia, there is a photo of Esk and I in much the same place from a couple of years before.  Esk died a 15 months ago, (at around 18 years old, a good run for a rescued domestic moggy)  hence making space for us to rescue Morticia.

And, no, we did not realise I would be able to title this photo "Nic and Morty" until later...

NicAndMorty.jpeg

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

I have posted my dog Rory on another thread but in the spirit of as many animal photos as possible here are the two dogs I grew up with: Dylan and Lacey!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2021

IMG-20210726-WA0005.jpgIMG-20210904-WA0001.jpg

Like Erica Moss likes this
Arianna C May 3, 2023

Cute Dogs

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events