Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: When Have You Been Most Hyped?

Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Happy Friday, Community! With all this building anticipation for Team ‘24, which is coming up in just a few weeks (holler if you see me there by the way!), it’s got me reflecting on other moments of hype and expectation in my life.

Regular Season Reaction GIF by NBA

I can remember the frenetic eagerness I felt as a kid the day before some family vacations or good friends’ birthday parties. 

I also remember feeling intense excitement while in the car on the way to Six Flags: Great America or Cedar Point (for folks outside of the Midwest USA, these are theme parks and I LOVED roller coasters in my youth).

Roller Coaster Fun GIF by Vevo

Sometimes, I even felt this way waiting for the midnight premiere of films I was stoked to see. I’m pretty sure I saw the opening night showings of some of the Harry Potter movies.

Flying Harry Potter GIF

It’s fun and exciting to feel this level of hype for something. There’s a childlike energy to these moments that can’t be forced or faked, which I think makes them pretty special.

What about you? When have you been most hyped? What’s a moment (or several) you can remember where you felt the buzz of anticipation shaking through your entire body?

Maybe you’re in this state now. Whatever the case, I’d love to hear about it.

Have a great end of the work week and an even better weekend! 💜

10 comments

Comment

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

Friday before a long weekend, the weeks leading up to a much-anticipated vacation, picking my boyfriend up from the airport after a long absence, to name a few... happy Friday to those in the affected time zones, happy almost Friday to those not quite there!  Cheers!

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2024

These all sound like wonderful things! Thanks for sharing, @Laurie Sciutti 😊. 

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2024

I'm pretty hyped for the next few weeks of travel - work retreat next week, my first Team in 2 weeks, and my first trip to France a week after that. Although, as an adult, I feel like these exciting times often come with a bit of nervousness, too, ha!

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

Ahhhh! Your next month is so exciting, @Amanda Barber! Thanks for sharing.  

Vronik April 11, 2024

When I was little I loved them and even today I continue to be fascinated by all the roller coasters. When I go on vacation anywhere, if I know there is one or something, I always visit it and try it.
Although the best feeling I've had that surpasses any roller coaster is last year when I skydived, simply WOWWWW

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

Wow, what a thrill, @Vronik! I've never gone. Any tips for first-timers? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2024

I am always pumped about going to Team! I try to convince as many people as I can to go and enjoy it. The networking with other professionals that do the same kinds of things that I do is what I enjoy the most during the week. That and the Community Leaders dinner - always so much fun and good food and fellowship. 

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

Totally agree, @John Funk - it's always such a great time. Looking forward to catching up with you there!

Like # people like this
Alex G April 12, 2024

This topic has brought back good memories 😊
I always had this level of hype before going to a music festival. I don't go as much anymore, but the thought and anticipation of having holidays, spending a few days with friends and seeing bands I love is the best thing.

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

@Alex that's a great one that I didn't think about but totally agree. The hype is REAL when you're about to see a band you love. Such a fun feeling. Thanks for sharing!

Leanne Chesser April 12, 2024

I'm a total basketball nerd and I'm often pumped for games ... even with my favorite team (Toronto Raptors) who had a r-e-a-l-l-y rough year this year! 🏀

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

@Leanne Chesser that's awesome, thanks for sharing! And every team has its slumps 😅. They'll come around!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2024

I was really hyped when I started my journey to go to work in The Netherlands for 3 months (which turned into almost 2 years). I had to get a passport to go, since my only trips to other countries involved driving into Canada (to go to an amusement park 🎢) or Mexico (apparently to get sick from drinking a soda they put ice in 🤢). I had never been to another country for even one overnight, though, so 3 months was pretty exciting.

This excitement lasted all the way until I got to JFK to change planes and found that I had to collect my luggage full of 3 months of clothing in the 90+-degree heat, cart it to the international terminal, and sit with it for 6 hours until the airline of my next flight opened for the day. 😒

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2024

Hi @Barbara Szczesniak oh my gosh, I definitely can relate to the reality of airport logistics dampening the excitement. Hopefully once you got settled in the Netherlands, the hype came back and you were able to enjoy the ride!

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2024

@Zim __Appfire__ Except for the part where the person who picked me up from the airport (at what was the next morning in NL) took me straight to the office. I was like, "I'm happy to work today, but please take me somewhere that I can shower and change my clothes!"

By the next day, the hype came back.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

@Zim __Appfire__ When my kids were about to be born.  Super hyped!

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2024

Love this, @Brant Schroeder! 🚼 Thanks for sharing.❤️. 

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

Love the topic @Zim __Appfire__! I also waited in line for the midnight showings of all the Harry Potter and new Star Wars movies, that is until they started using the mobile app to buy tickets and assign yourself a seat. Those midnight movies were so much fun! 

Right now, I'm super excited for my first Team! I can't wait to meet all my fellow community leaders and all the members I have interacted with over the past several years. I also can't wait to buddy up with @John Funk, Brian Watts, and Arielle Unterberger! 

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2024

@Summer_Hogan haha for sure. Good times! I'm not sure I'd be able to stay awake for a movie that starts that late anymore 😅.

Ah incredible! You're going to love it! See ya there 😁 

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2024

The most hyped up moments I can remember are:

• The births of my (5) children. Getting in that car (or taxi for one of them) to head to the hospital while my wife was in labor was always an adrenaline rush! For #4 we barely made it!
  • The night before a large scale cycling event like a Gran Fondo. I can never sleep and have a nervous excitement that just had my brain on overdrive. I'm usuaully much more mellow (and tired) at the start line.

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2024

Oh wow, I need to get the full story on #4 from you sometime. I'm sure your adrenaline was through the roof haha. 

I totally relate to brain overdrive on the night before big races/competitions. I always get frustrated because I'm like, "This is a situation where I reaaaally need high quality sleep."

Thanks for sharing, @Andy Gladstone

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2024

When my sister was born, Dad drove Mum to the hospital and coming into Auckland where he had to turn left to go to Auckland City Hospital he turned right on autopilot and took her towards Eden Park instead!

Like Zim __Appfire__ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events