Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabulous Friday Fact - 1st of March

Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

Happy March 1st! Atlassian Community Champs !!

Spring is almost hear and I hope everyone is taking the opportunity to pop out into the sunshine once and awhile to recharge!

Did you know on March 1st we celebrate 27 things:

1. International Wheelchair Day – honoring the vitality of those who rely on wheelchairs, acknowledging resilience and fostering inclusivity in communities
2. Global Day of Unplugging --- that’s right step away from the cell phone people
3. National Dadgum That’s good day
4. Self-Injury Awareness Day
5. National Peanut Butter Lovers Day
6. National Barista Day
7. National Welsh Corgi Day
8. World Compliment Day
9. National Horse protection Day
10. National Pig Day
11. National Fruit Compote Day
12. National Dress in Blue Day
13. Overseas NHS Workers Day
14. Mountain Hare Day
15. Plan a Solo Vacation Day
16. National Salesperson Day
17. National Wedding Planning Day
18. Refired, Not Retired Day
19. National Invest in Veterans Week
20. Jewish Book Week
21. Cheerleading Week
22. Wil Eisner Week
23. Write a Letter Appreciation Week
24. Universal Human Beings Week
25. Cornish Pasty Week
26. Peace Corp Week

But my most favorite thing to celebrate today is you!!
1. National Employee Appreciation Day

If you are excited about it - keep commenting on your favorite topic !!

Link for reference:

Hope you all have a great Friday and a fantastic weekend to relax !!

National Holidays on March 1st, 2024 | Days Of The Year

12 comments

Comment

Nabeela Pervez March 1, 2024

Great Information @Humashankar VJ .

My favorite  would be 24. Universal Human Beings Week. Peace for all human beings. Spread love, no hate. 

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

🤗

Sandra Axelsdottir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2024

Here's a funny fact!

It's the BEER day in Iceland 

Beer was banned in Iceland until March 1st 1989 - so today is sort of the national beer day :) 

https://visitreykjavik.is/annual-icelandic-beer-festival

Like # people like this
Halyna Kudlak _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2024

Happy March 1st! Time to juggle celebrating with peanut butter, corgis, and unplugging—all while riding a blue-dressed horse. Because why settle for one celebration when you can have 27?😉

Cheers to all the multi-tasking Atlassian champs! 🎉

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

I already have plans for a special dinner out with 8 good friends, so I'll be celebrating #3 - National Dadgum That's Good Day.

I would love to celebrate the Global Day of Unplugging, but my niece is in labor and we are using text messages to keep tabs on how she is doing and when the baby is born.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

Congratulations, Great Auntie!  💖

Like Humashankar VJ likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

Well, I just happened to be wearing Blue Jeans today - CHECK

I happen to human being - CHECK

Had a donut this AM (Dadgum, that's good) - CHECK

Mmmmmm, bacon - CHECK

Made my coffee from the Keurig -  (That Barista is excellent) - CHECK

GO TEAM!! - CHECK

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

😆 Pretty sure "bacon" isn't the intent of National Pig Day, @Dan Breyen !  HAHAHA  Now I want bacon.  🥓

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2024

Wow, so many things to celebrate! I'll add one more to the list - NATIONAL EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION DAY! Hope you all are celebrated today for how amazing you are. 🎉

https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-day/national-employee-appreciation-day-first-friday-in-march

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

Awesome to know - Thanks for adding !!

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2024

This is awesome! So many great things to celebrate! I'll celebrate National Dadgum That’s good day, Self-Injury Awareness Day as I'm always running into things, National Dress in Blue Day as I have a blue shirt on today, National Invest in Veterans Week as I invest in my father everyday, Universal Human Beings Week, and maybe I'll go to a local Cornish Pasty place for Cornish Pasty Week. All sounds like Fun! Also, I'm an employee so I appreciate myself! 

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

Hi @Summer_Hogan Great to know about it - It is inspiring 

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

World Compliment Day is perfect.  We can all use a little more humanity in our lives.  My days are brighter knowing that I can rely on your insight, assistance and personal posts.  I love this Community.  Happy Friday, everyone! 

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

@Laurie Sciutti Thank you for the compliment. 😊

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2024

I'm picking 3 to add to my monthly calendar this March - I can't do them all today.

• National Barista Day - will make sure to tip my Starbucks barista a bit extra to show my appreciation for the pick-me-up that the Venti Decaf Skinny Vanilla Latte with Soy Milk brings my smile!
  • World Compliment Day  - this one needs some prep time, glad I learned about it now so I can put in the effort needed to nail it!
  • Write a Letter Appreciation Week - I love writing, and can combine it with World Compliment Day, so it's a win-win!

Thanks for this inspiring and informative post @Humashankar VJ

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2024

Hi @Andy Gladstone - Great picks and thanks for taking your time on detailing your interest Also thanks and your encouragement word !!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2024

I will start with World Compliment Day and say well done on this post!

And dadgum, peanut butter is good! (wondering if there is a two birds with one stone day!). 

And certainly National Invest in Veterans Week.

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2024

Hi @John Funk Awesome mentions and thanks for your wishes !!

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2024

So much to celebrate, so hard to choose.

Noah - Devsamurai March 28, 2024

Incredible! There's so much to be excited about and celebrate! Also, loved the information you gave. I haven't heard it before. Thanks a lot 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events