Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time clock for trello mobile

Mike_Cochran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 25, 2020

Is there any way to get a time clock function for my employees to clock in and out within cards? I run a furniture fabrication company and it would be ideal to be able to have my employees go in and see their specific jobs as cards and to clock in and out of them. It really needs to be available mobile because we're often on a job site and working remotely.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

@Mike_Cochran the best integration for this would be the TimeDoctor mobile app. It runs using a background API integration with Trello, and gives everyone a list in the TimeDoctor app of cards they are a member of, and can timesheet against.

So your staff wouldn't log into Trello, they would log into TimeDoctor, see a list of tasks assigned to them and start timesheeting.

The only barrier to using it this way would be that the only thing you can see in TimeDoctor is the card title. If you can't get enough information into the card title to allow them to do the work, they can simply tap to open the card in the app, so it's not all that bad, but ideally you'd just have tasks in the card title then they wouldn't have to open 2 apps.

You'll also need backend management processes to ensure that people are only members of cards they should be working on today. Maybe once they are done they'd tap the link to open the card and mark it as complete or archive it or something, then you could have Butler automatically remove them as a member and move it to the "Done" list or something similar so that it disappears from their list of active TimeDoctor tasks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events