Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double backslash gets deleted?

Art1 2eat June 18, 2023

Hello!

I have an issue with Trello cards formatting (I think)

After the trello formatting update everytime I paste an internal link with a double slash (eg. \\severlocation\folder\folder...) in a card description and save it - one backslash gets deleted (turns into \severlocation\folder\folder...). Is there a way to avoid this issue?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2023

Hi there,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

I see what you mean and was able to reproduce this behavior. It looks like any text starting with \ is considered as an escape formatting in the markdown syntax. So it automatically removes one slash \ when you click Save

There's currently no workaround for this issue, but I've shared your feedback with the development team to see if this can be improved in the future. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to pass on to them!

Alina | The Trello Tean

Art1 2eat June 20, 2023

hey Alina, thank you for the reply

I'm hoping they could resolve the issue soon

Like Alina Kurishko likes this
0 votes
Rachael N_ Garrett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2023

I was able to just add an extra backslash then it will save it with 2.

0 votes
Luka Rožman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2023

Hi! I also have an issue with this when posting path to co-worker. we tried with "attaching" as a link, but does not recognise it.

example: 

disk:\production\- FOLDER -\- Folder -\...

when Saving it goes to :

disk:\production- FOLDER -- Folder -...

an then the link does not work anymore.

any new workarounds?

Rachael N_ Garrett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 6, 2023

Use 3 backslashes and when you click save it will keep 2.

Like Edu Kahl likes this
Art1 2eat November 6, 2023

but then when you re-edit the text it deletes the second one, it's not really solving the problem

Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2023

Hey there!

The only current workaround is to format your text as code. Hope this comes in handy 🙂

Alina | The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events