creating new card via email containing html content

Is it possible for emails containing html to place text content in 'description' area of each new card?

These are emails created by an answering service. Right now i just see the name of the caller, the subject line of the email.

The description only shows "To view the message, please use an HTML compatible email viewer!"

I appreciate your advice!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Michael,

What's most likely happening is that the entire body of the email is being sent to the card, but because HTML isn't accepted in a card description, that portion isn't displaying.

As a workaround, you could try using Zapier to create cards from emails rather than the email-to-board address. Zapier has a Formatter tool that could be used to strip the HTML from the email before adding the content to the card.

You can find more information about Zapier's Formatter tool here: https://zapier.com/zapbook/updates/593/introducing-formatter-by-zapier/

Thank you Caity! I appreciate your help. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 6 hours ago in Statuspage

194 years of downtime: looking back on incident data from 2018

Statuspage customers logged more than 194 years of collective incidents in 2018. That’s a whopping 87% increase from the  104 years logged in 2017 , and we aren’t even through December yet....

18 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you