Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can Observers no longer be invited to a board with out being a paid member?

Sarai Caldwell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

I've had Trello accounts for many years. But I just recently signed back up to a paid account. Have changes been made with the Observers? I seem to remember you being able to invite observers to a private board to be able to comment without having to take up a paid slot on your account. Has this changed? 

It seems almost as if we are being punished with less features for having a paid account versus a free one. I don't need every single member of my board to be a member of my workspace if they are not making any decisions or changes to my board. 

If I had known this I would have just created multiple free accounts, but this is still a bummer even then because it limits the way I can showcase my board to people just because I don't want to pay for a million users to be able to view it. 

So just to confirm, the only way we can have people view our boards while on a paid account it to make the board PUBLIC all together, thus also making it findable in Google? It wastn't this way years ago and this is highly greedy and disappointing. 😞

1 answer

0 votes
Mutya A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2024

Hi Sarai,

You can still invite Observers to a private board without being charged, as long as they are a single-board guest. If you add them to another board, wether public or private, in your Premium Workspace, only then will you be billed. 

For more information please go to this documentation:
Will I be charged for Observers? 

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any questions!
----------------
If this post helps with your query, then please consider the Accept answer or Like button to help the other users find it more quickly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events