Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are emojis no longer showing up in reactions menu

Nicole Manus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2023

As of today (never had this problem before), when I click on the reaction icon for a comment, all of the emoji options are invisible. I use Safari as my default browser but tried today in Chrome and Firefox as well. I changed my display from dark to light with the same result. I can still add reactions with the app on my phone but prefer to use my laptop. I installed the latest update for my computer to see if that fixed it. :(

The image above shows what I see when I click on the reaction icon. It shows a blank menu and if I hover over that blank space I get gray boxes but no images. I've been using Trello extensively for a couple of years and use reactions all the time to note that I've seen a comment or that my staff is on the right track with their plans or progress. It is an important feature that means I don't have to write a reply to everything.  What has happened?Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 4.37.11 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2023

Hi Nicole and Brittany,

Thanks for your patience here!

Our team pushed a fix for the issue overnight, so emojis should be loading correctly now đź‘Ť

You may need to perform a hard refresh of your browser to see that change.

• Chrome: Windows - Ctrl+F5 / Mac - Command+Shift+R
  • Safari: Mac - Option+Command+R
  • Firefox: Windows - Ctrl+Shift+R / Mac - Command+Shift+R

Don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything else – have a great day!

All the best, 

Lara
The Trello Team

1 vote
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2023

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for reaching out!

We're currently looking into this – I'll keep you posted!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2023

I'm seeing this too - i think it's some sort of bug. I'll report to Trello support team!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events