Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being billed for 3 users when I only have 2 and 1 guest?

Mandi Dittloff August 8, 2020

I have just been charged for 3 users - wondering why my guest on one board only has been billed for as a full user? I was not made aware of this in any form when adding the guest of any charge. If a guest is truly charged the same, then why on earth bother with the guest option in the first place?  I am happy to pay a portion of the user fee, but not a full user charge - that is not right. 

1 answer

2 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2020

Hi @Mandi Dittloff 

For Business Class, a guest is billable if they have access to multiple boards. I know you mentioned they have access to just one board - do you know if a Team Admin could have approved their access to another?

See the How Billing Works page, under "What constitutes a billable member?"

Single-Board Guests - If you invite someone from outside your Trello team (this is called a Guest) to your board, they're free on their first board. Once the Guest has been added to a second board, a team admin will need to approve, as they will become a billable Multi-Board Guest. However, once that has been completed, any member can add that Guest to subsequent boards. 

Also see this page for Multi-Board Guests

If this user is a single-board guest as far as you're aware, I would suggest contacting Trello Support for assistance :)

Ste

Mandi Dittloff August 12, 2020

Ah ok, it would be more helpful if approving came with the charge amount at the time.  Thank you for letting me know.

Mandy Brooks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2024

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me understand. Trello is advertised as $60 a year for standard, but when I go to check out, they want to charge me $180 for 3 licenses. There is no customer support, and I only want one license. If anyone has a suggestion of how I can fix this. Thanks so much! 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2024

Hi @Mandy Brooks 

How many users are listed for the relevant workspace?

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events