Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch for edits in card descriptions

Vault-TecTradingCo September 25, 2020

Hi, 

I have a question regarding the watch feature that Trello offers. You can watch cards, lists, or boards. I am using this feature on a certain board list, however, I noticed that if someone edits the description of a card. It does not send a notification.  

How would I make sure that it sends a notification when an edit is made? I can't use butter command because I am not a member of that board. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2020

@Vault-TecTradingCo as a observer you will not be able to move or edit cards. I did not test this but I doubt you  can you be assigned to a card. As a observer on the board, with your API key and token, you have access to the entire board, short of plugin_data maintained by most Power Ups except for Custom Fields. I observed this when building a prototype for a client. The platform that I have been investigating has Trello Modules and Triggers which you can use to monitor card changes and, say, route changes via email, ...etc

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2020

Hi @Vault-TecTradingCo ,

Welcome to the community!

Basically, you have to be a member and assigned to a card then you will receive a notification on everything that changed in a card.

Vault-TecTradingCo September 26, 2020

Would observer role suffice as well?

Also I don't understand the other part. I need to assign a card to myself? The board has like 700 cards. Doing that wouldn't be easy. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events