Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add user account across multiple board

Zhuo Fangru February 9, 2022

Hi there,

I have some user accounts who already joined a Trello Board and I would like to extend invite to the same group of user to another Trello Board but was unable to do so.

Was prompted with: This user is already a guest on a different board within this Workspace. Contact a Workspace admin to add them.

I am able to add another group of user across the same Trello Boards.

Would like to see advice for this, please.

Thanks,

Fangru

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2022

The reason is because you have a paid Workspace. If you invite the user to another board it will incur a charge which the admin (the person paying) has to be aware of. They can also just make them a Workspace member. 

Zhuo Fangru February 13, 2022

Thanks Michael Pryor. understand that it's a paid Workspace and have a limitation of around 25-30 users. I have not reach that stage yet.

The question is I only able to add a certain group of people with the same domain, example name@abc.com. Other group outside the name@abc.com, example name@efg.com, name@hij.com are not be able to be added. 

Does this matter?

And how do I make them a Workspace member?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2022

You need to be an admin of the Workspace. 

Zhuo Fangru February 13, 2022

Hi,

I am a admin of the Workspace and able to invite different user.

However, I am able to invite some to multiple boards while some I am unable to do so.

See attached images for clarification purposes.

1_name@abc.com cannot be added across multiple board.PNG

2_name@efg.com can be added across multiple board.PNG

3_Admin in Workspace.PNG

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2022

I'm pretty sure you are just admin of that particular board - not an admin of the Workspace.

To the right of the STAR in the top near the board name is the Workspace name.  If you click it, you will see a menu that says "View Workspace page" in it.  Click that.

Then click the tab that says "Members".

Are you an admin there?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events