Trello- copied card archive or delete automatically

I'm using multiple Trello boards, one for each of several individual projects. I also have one "master" work board, where I have a "To Do Today" list and a "To Do This Week" list. I also have "To Do", "Doing", and "Done" lists within the individual project boards. If I copy a card from a project "To Do" list to my "To Do Today" list in my "master" work board, is there any way that I can set Trello to automatically delete or archive that card from the list in the "master" board when I drag it from "To Do" to "Done" in its respective project board?

orrrrrrrr did I just lose everyone with my description....?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Adam,

Great question! A copied card is completely independent from the original, so moving the copied card on one board won't affect the original card on the other board.

You may be able to set something like this up using a third-party automation tool, such as Zapier or IFTTT. Or, if you're quite comfortable with code, you could write a custom script using our API, which is documented at https://developers.trello.com/.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

206 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you