Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello automatic description for new cards

Ya Le May 9, 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to extract a part of the description from Card A when a new Card B is automatically created after a checklist item is validated.

Here's an example of Card A description:

{{S1_SU001}} bla bla...

{{S1_SU002}} blublu ...

etc

the rul:

when an item is checked in a card in list "Sprint Backlog" with a name starting with "Sprint", convert the item to a linked card copying labels, move the card to the top of list "Sprint en cours", add the "Etapes Dev" checklist to the card, and set the card's description to {extract(triggerCardDescription, "{{" & left(trim(checkedItemName), 8) & "}}(.*?){{", 1)}

the new card was generated but get nothing in the description.

I also tried {triggerCardDescription}, but it didn't work either.

Can you help me extract the description from Card A and add it to Card B? And how can I correct the expression

{extract(triggerCardDescription, "{{" & left(trim(checkedItemName), 8) & "}}(.*?){{", 1)} )

Thanks a lot for your time.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

This is not compatible with Trello automation.  You can use markdown for formatting and you can use Regex to extract particular parts of the description of card A.  Lets start with the basics though: 

Your command will work if you do:

when an item is checked in a card in list "Sprint Backlog" with a name starting with "Sprint", convert the item to a linked card copying labels, move the card to the top of list "Sprint en cours", add the "Etapes Dev" checklist to the card, and set the card's description to {triggercarddescription}

or...

when an item is checked in a card in list "Sprint Backlog" with a name starting with "Sprint", convert the item to a linked card copying labels, move the card to the top of list "Sprint en cours", add the "Etapes Dev" checklist to the card, and set the card's description to {triggercarddescription}: {checklistitemname}
Ya Le May 9, 2023

ok i got

the description

or

the description : the cheklistitemname

It look like only trigger can have regex so I try:

when the description of a card contains "regex:/({cardname}[\s\S]+:{cardname})", set the card's description to "{matchedtext}", and rename the card to "{cardname} ()"

but it dosent work...

Ya Le May 10, 2023

ok have it whithout regex =)

when the description of a card in list "Sprint en cours" contains "{cardname}{*}{cardname}", set the card's description to "{matchedtext}", and rename the card to "{cardname} ()"

thanks for help

Like Dreamsuite Mike likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events