Trello: Restrict card movements to specified lists

Charry2014 February 25, 2020

How is it possible to restrict card movements to go along a defined workflow. For example in a work flow that usually progresses from 'Open' to In-Progress to Completed to Closed in sequence I would like to prevent the leap directly from Open to Completed. There is a power-up called 'Workflows' but this is labelled as not in compliance with Atlassian's privacy policy.

Are there any better alternatives?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Hi, 

You can create a rule like this which avoids to move a card from open to completed list

when a card in list "open" is added to list "completed", move the card to the top of list "{triggercardpreviouslistname}"

And duplicate the rule for each unauthorised card movement

@Charry2014 

By using operator not in, you can do this just with 2 rules 

when a card not in list "in progress" is added to list "completed", move the card to the top of list "{triggercardpreviouslistname}"
when a card not in list "completed" is added to list "closed", move the card to the top of list "{triggercardpreviouslistname}"

Thanks @Ludo - took a bit of digging to find the advanced button to switch on the rest of the options and then a few rules later and it does indeed work. But... I am surprised that there is not a more universal/intuitive/concise way to do this.

0 votes
Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan February 25, 2020

You can set rules. Have a good read https://blog.trello.com/butler-power-up-trello-automation

Thank you for the link - I had seen that, and read it but perhaps my short attention span times out before I get to the relevant section :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events