Trello Mac App Synced Old Information from Android App and I Lost Data

Harrison Kaminsky December 10, 2022

I use Trello's Android app, and Mac app. 

I noticed a bit over a week ago that my board was showing outdated cards and card data on my Android app, and wasn't syncing with what I had updated on my Mac app. I stopped opening the Android app after that, in fear that my Mac app would instead sync with the old data from my Android app, and I'd lose all the changes I made over that time. I continued using the Mac app for a bit over a week, and made many changes over that time. 

Yesterday, while I was using my Mac app, it suddenly refreshed the full app, and ALL of the cards turned back to the old data on my Android app. The new cards and lists I had added on my Mac app appeared on the right side of my list, but everything I had changed in existing cards was completely gone. 

I'm very frustrated and seem to have no way to retrieve all of the information that has been lost due to Trello syncing old information... Does anyoone have an idea of what to do here?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2022

Hey Harrison, 

Theo here from the support team.

Sorry for the bad experience, you can check our article to learn how to keep your mobile app synced, if it's synced you don't need to be concerned about losing all your data.

We don't have tools to restore a board or card, our backups are only accessible in major incidents, unfortunately, it isn't the case you described. 

If the title and description were updated you can restore it using the instructions on this article.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events