Trello Jira integration not working anymore with new issue view in Jira

Dennis Rietmann January 27, 2021

The linking from the Jira issue view back to Trello is no longer working in the new Jira issue view pushed by Atlassian. Starting from March 31 Atlassian will make this new view mandatory for everyone. See https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/what-is-the-new-jira-issue-view/

By "not working" I mean that the linked Trello cards are no longer appear in the "Issue links" section.  Which renders the integration useless (see https://blog.trello.com/jira-trello-intregration). Confluence pages still do appear there. 

This applies to existing and new issue. 

Do you have plans to fix this or do we have to go back to manually copy & paste links?

2 answers

0 votes
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

Thanks for those screenshots, they are super helpful. My first impression is that this something the Jira team would need to handle on their side. It might be worth posting this on the Jira forums if you haven't already.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can reach out to folks on my side to get visibility on this.

Jireh

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

@Dennis Rietmann Quick question, did the trello links ever work in the new view for you? As in they only recently stopped appearing? Or have they never appeared for you at all in the new view?

Dennis Rietmann January 29, 2021

@[deleted] good question. Indeed they never worked in the new jira view for me (one reason why I always swtiched back to the old one, but soon won't be able to anymore).

Jireh
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2021

@Dennis Rietmann I've contacted the team on Jira that is working on this new view, and they are aware of this issue. I can't speak for them about an ETA for a fix but it is on their radar. Thanks for bringing this up!

Dennis Rietmann February 9, 2021

@Jireh Thanks for following up on this with the Jira team. Do you happen to have a link to a Jira issue for this bug so I can check the status?

My main concern is: If this is not fixed before the new view becomes mandatory on March 31 for all users it becomes a major inconvenience for my team as all the links will disappear from one day to the other and I'll have to go through a ton of issues to manually add the links again. 

0 votes
Jireh
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2021

Hey @Dennis Rietmann

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Could you provide a screenshot of what the linked Trello cards on your issues looked like, or where you expect them to be? I just want to confirm where the problem is.

Thanks,

Jireh

Dennis Rietmann January 29, 2021

Hi @Jireh sure, here you go (this is how it looks in the old jira view):

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 14.08.47.png

On the new jira issue view the issue link is no longer shown:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 14.10.42.png

Let me know if you need more infos.

Like Jireh likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders